just fitted my rear anti roll bar...wow!!

turboloon

Member +
just fitted my rear anti roll bar to my ep82 ..what a difference!!the back end just feels 'tight' is the only way i can descirbe it..a very worth while mod..:rockon:

Galen

Lifer
I've a brand new whiteline one in the shed since christmas 09, I'll get round to fitting it someday!! lol

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
i have that ian, and have to say i fitted it before coilovers and felt good, but with coilies whole cornering experience is so much more enjoyable.

speacialy with an anti lift as well, transfroms handling much more tighter.

turboloon

Member +
well worth it ,i've just got the anti lift kit,panhand rod and rear anti roll bar...and thats a fair difference in handling...

Paul_JJ

Member +
just fitted my rear anti roll bar to my ep82 ..what a difference!!the back end just feels 'tight' is the only way i can descirbe it..a very worth while mod..:rockon:

Can you got round the roundabout and tell what's the max speed you can do?

I think I need to get one of there, when I put a cusco rear strut brace - I've noticed about 10-15% improvement in handling. Probably when I put a rear one it will be around 40% improvement.

Why do you need a panhard rod? Do you need one if you don't plan to go very low?

turboloon

Member +
yeah you need a panhand rod car if the car has been lowered this is to realign the back wheels (iirc),but the rear anti roll bar is a massive difference!!

Paul_JJ

Member +
yeah you need a panhand rod car if the car has been lowered this is to realign the back wheels (iirc),but the rear anti roll bar is a massive difference!!

What if you don't plan to go mentally low, just around 30 mm - do You still need a panhard rod then?

dark_knight

Member +
@Paul_JJ: i'd say get the adjustable panhard rod all the same. difference may not be so evident when the rear is unloaded.. until it gets loaded with 3 burly men in the back seat.. :D ..that's only if you carry murderers in your GT.. :) hehe

Paddy

Lifer
Rear anti roll bar has got to be one of the best mods for a starlet, I'd put it up there with my jam ecu, a fairly low cost mod that gives u alot better handling

dark_knight

Member +
i'd say give it a try with both instances and judge for yourself. it really all depends on your definition of 'very low' but if you are maintaining the standard ride height, you don't need it imo.