Just fitted my uprated mani cant get the middle nut on to the right above third cham

Taylor

Member +
Cant get the middle nut on due to the curve of the manifold anyideas cut the thread down a little bit maybe?

Shib786

Member +
Cant get the middle nut on due to the curve of the manifold anyideas cut the thread down a little bit maybe?

I know what you mean, the stud is too close to the branch?

loosen all the nuts and pull the manifold towards you, put that nut on first and try it mate. i had to do it today haha!

Sigma

Member +
As has been said above,

You need to have all the nuts on their threads by about 1 turn, then you'll be able to pull the manifold away from the head about 6-7mm, allowing you to get this tricky nut on :p

Taylor

Member +
lol o right thanks guys annoying just put it all back together all tight rad in do you think ill be albe to get it without takeing them 2 cat holding bolts in or do you think ill be able to pull it back enough?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lol o right thanks guys annoying just put it all back together all tight rad in do you think ill be albe to get it without takeing them 2 cat holding bolts in or do you think ill be able to pull it back enough?

It shouldt be a problem mate, u have enough space to work, without removing the rad.

Kon

Taylor

Member +
thanks guys all done now would add rep but dont know how to do it undoing them pulling it bk a touch worked perfect