just how dangerous is..

Jayd.m

Member +
... running your dumpvalve without the vacume hose? ive read its bad 4 the turbo?? but bad as in dont do it or your car will explodeor. or its ok just dont leave it for 2 long?

thanks

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
will it damage anything tho, im just waiting to get a vacume hose and still wana drive the car !

Potentially yes as the turbo will spin like fuck trying to boost but the actuator won't open the wastegate as it'll all leak out.

Shib786

Member +
I thought it would just be the same as running no bov? if theres no vacuum hose so the bov is not opening/closing....or am i chatting booooooollsheeet :D

Jayd.m

Member +
Potentially yes as the turbo will spin like fuck trying to boost but the actuator won't open the wastegate as it'll all leak out.

so thats why you get the chatter sound then. prob better to leave it 4 afew days then i guess

repped btw!

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
If you blocked it up i suppose it would just be like running no bov, but not just leaving it leaking that would not be sensible as Sam said.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Your chatting shit lol. The dump valve works by pressure differentials. On one side you have the boost the car is making, of the other side you have the boost the car is making plus the spring, which keeps it closed under boost. When you let off the throttle the vacuum hose is after the throttle body, obviously under vacuum, but the other side is before the throttle body meaning it is still in positive boost. The vacuum pull the diaphram and the boost pushes which overcomes the pressure of the spring to release the excess pressure. In fact in most cases the vacuum alone will over power the spring.

Paddy

Lifer
I thought it would just be the same as running no bov? if theres no vacuum hose so the bov is not opening/closing....or am i chatting booooooollsheeet :D

yep the dump valve cant open with out the vaccum hose, it will be fine

Llawgoch

Member +
yep the dump valve cant open with out the vaccum hose, it will be fine

uh your chattin poo mate, if you wana overspeed your turbo then go ahead and use it with no vac pipe, but if you want to keep your turbo then either remove the dump valve all together and blank all holes properly or conect the valve up as it should be.

corofin12345

Member +
i tried no dump valve at all and it wasnt great so i put it back on,loosened the spring out 2 the last and took off the vac line and blocked it with a bolt..now in getting dump and chatter.. sounds awsome (blitz duel drive)

Last edited: