K Sport coliovers

poke

Member +
i have a set of them in my glanza there great for handling, comfort is very poor with them but they'll go down nice and low for ya!the back coilovers are very soft i had to get new oil put in then twice!pro parts stock them think i payed round 750 for them

Camy

Fresh Recruit
it's been 3 years now i'm running them :rockon:

all i do is track racing and a ver little bit of street too:freddy:

no leaks and they are still rattles free like new!:drive:

buy theses and ENJOY!! :)

Johnny_C

Lifer
i have a set of them in my glanza there great for handling, comfort is very poor with them but they'll go down nice and low for ya!the back coilovers are very soft i had to get new oil put in then twice!pro parts stock them think i payed round 750 for them
one of my rear ones busted and was repaired by proparts,did they take long to repair yours?
mines took 6 weeks,id never go near them again.

poke

Member +
mine took 4 days they put in new oil and replaced whatever part was bust and cleaned up the coilover but they did get me for 150 euro to replace it!!
i was only gone a week or so over the year warrenty:mad:

toy

Fresh Recruit
well i have a 91 gt and the suspension on it is crap and i was told about the k sport but my thing is that my car is a daily driver and isn't going on track would you guy's recommend coilovers or just a simple shock and damper i currently have on trd springs

MeisterR

Lifer
well i have a 91 gt and the suspension on it is crap and i was told about the k sport but my thing is that my car is a daily driver and isn't going on track would you guy's recommend coilovers or just a simple shock and damper i currently have on trd springs

There just seems to be this really bad misconception that all coilovers are designed for track use only and using it on the normal road will be harsh and unbearable.

That is simply is not the case, a properly design set of coilovers for fast road use will be comfortable to a certain degree.
But most importantly, it will be compliant over rough road so you are able to enjoy your car driving over country lane.

While I cannot say much for K-Sport as their reputation precede them, I am willing to say that not all coilovers will be harsh as it all depends on how the manufacturer specify them.

hazgaf241090

Member +
suspension

alrite boys, hav no idea wat coilovers to get. what u reckon. got a glanza. i also hav no idea how these forums work im probabbly writing on the wrong bit, sorry. harry

Idrees

Banned
I have had K-Sport coilovers, D2's coilovers, KYB shocks and TRD shocks. My most recent purchase has been the MeisterR coilovers and they are simply awesome, I cannot recommend them enough. I wouldn't ever look back, and I will be buying Meisters for my new car too.

Sparky

Member +
Read Idrees post ^^

I had D2's they was fine apart from being really stiff and one of the adjusters on the rear shock cross threaded so I couldnt adjust it!!

And IIRC they are £600+ now so I would go for the Meister R if I was buying brand new they are £560 delivered ;)

weakboy2

Member +
the meisters IMO (note the IMO) look a bit cheap. the new d2's are 550 delivered of a trader on ebay, if i wanted comfort i would stick the stock shocks and springs on!

the d2's will be getting fully lubed up with anti-sieze before they are fittted so i wont have any issues with dodgy threads etc.

MeisterR

Lifer
the meisters IMO (note the IMO) look a bit cheap.

It is your opinion and I respect that, but I thought I point out a few point difference so you can make your own judgement.

One of the difference you will notice is the use of double welded steel lower bracket for the front MacPherson Strut vs. D2's aluminum alloy bracket.
The reason to use double welded steel bracket is that it is much stronger than aluminum.
The twisting force of a MacPherson Strut put wear on aluminum, where the wear will be much less than on Steel.
Also, if you were unlucky enough to have an impact, aluminum would shatter where steel would only bent.

Another difference is the coating on the thread.
MeisterR use a new Black Chromium Coating that are one of the best anti-corrosion coating available.
These coating was in a salt spray machine for 120 hours with no sign of corrosion after the test.

As I have said, it is your opinion but I just want to say that the MeisterR are thoroughly tested, even if it looks cheap in your book. :)

if i wanted comfort i would stick the stock shocks and springs on!

As I said before, coilovers can be comfortable if it is specified to be comfortable.
But the most important aspect about a good set fast road of coilovers is "compliancy".
A car should be compliant through country roads because it provide the best feedback, the best traction, and give the driver the most confidence to enjoy driving the car.
A compliant suspension just happen to be more comfortable than a harshly valved suspension on country roads.

toy

Fresh Recruit
There just seems to be this really bad misconception that all coilovers are designed for track use only and using it on the normal road will be harsh and unbearable.

That is simply is not the case, a properly design set of coilovers for fast road use will be comfortable to a certain degree.
But most importantly, it will be compliant over rough road so you are able to enjoy your car driving over country lane.

While I cannot say much for K-Sport as their reputation precede them, I am willing to say that not all coilovers will be harsh as it all depends on how the manufacturer specify them.

so what brand of coilovers would you recommend