K24 Users

ian

Member +
I have just changed my turbo over to a blitz K24 from the blitz K330 and was after the following info :

What is the peak and max boost pressure the turbo can handle ?
What bhp have people made with them ?
At what rpm did the turbo start to spool ?

Thanks

ian

Member +
Anyone ? should be getting it mapped next week and could really do with knowing what the max boost they can handle is ?

ian

Member +
Cheers for the link dude made a good read.

Would still like to know what the max boost presure they can take is ?

TurboDave

Member +
From memory I believe all Blitz done was change the compressor wheel and then brand the unit as Blitz, probably around 1.3 ish bar would be maximum efficency. Dane knows a bit about them, he had one years ago which I supplied him it was a K24 which we put a K26 comp housing and wheel into iirc.

Fro

Member +
In his post he reckons it's rated to 330 but suppose would depend on boost and what not eh? Wonder what like response and that would be to the 26?

TurboDave

Member +
In his post he reckons it's rated to 330 but suppose would depend on boost and what not eh? Wonder what like response and that would be to the 26?

I really cant see it doing 330bhp in fact I'm certain it wont. A few people have run them but never seem to get very high figures but are supposed to be a good fast street, track turbo. Probably going to make around 250bhp ish max at 1.3/1.4 bar.

ian

Member +
I really cant see it doing 330bhp in fact I'm certain it wont. A few people have run them but never seem to get very high figures but are supposed to be a good fast street, track turbo. Probably going to make around 250bhp ish max at 1.3/1.4 bar.

The kit I removed was the k330. Which blitz rate at 330ps, I had it at 256bhp at 1.1bar then my head lifted so they stopped mapping it.

I know the k24 won't see that power but it will be more suited to track which is what I will be using the car for now.

I would really like to know what pressure I can run the k24 at, as I was looking at 1.6 bar.

if its a good k24 there should be no reason why it couldn't achieve 1.6 bar
i run 1.6-1.8 on my k26 with no issues pulling full boost by 5000rpm

Rory

Lifer
Not the supporting mods that help efficiency Mark. More down the the A/R sizes of the compressor and exhaust housing.

yes supporting mods would help efficency a well ported head a set of cams a good filter ,exhaust and intercooler would help air flow efficency ?? in and out and aid cooling ? u also get 2 different sized k24's
isnt the tdo4 cappable of 1.6 ?

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I think the most i have seen from a K24 was 240bhp and im sure it was around 1.6bar of boost. I have a dyno graph of my mates ex Jam one from when the previous owner bought it from Trevor, made around 300ftlbs of torque some with top secret head work im sure. Trying to find it now ...

TurboDave

Member +
Turbo efficency compressor maps have nothing to do with supporting mods and 1.6 bar will be above max efficency for a K24. I have a TD05 20G and that goes out of efficency at ~1.6 bar.