k24

PsychO

Member +
guyzz ..need help .. i m willing to upgrade my turbo .. what u guyz say about the kkk k24?? i use my car mostly for drags...

Kelly

Member +
Had a blitz k24 on the jam gt. Cant recommend the turbo enough for track use and street use but not sure for drag?

Managed a 13.4 down the quartermile at 1.1bar and road tyres etc on.

I think for track and sprint stuff ace turbo but you might want the td04 if your goal is the drag strip.

PsychO

Member +
actually i was aiming for a TD04 ..but therez a huge verity of TD04z... and m not sure which one to go for ... i found one TD04HL 15T.. wat u guyz say about this one..

PsychO

Member +
so u guyz say that any varient of the TD04 will be better then k24 for a quatermile car... like i said that i found one TD04HL 15T.. any opinion ??

MentaLEP91

Member +
k24 is the best turbo for a 4e @ track. for dragstrip there are a lot of different turbo setups, TD04-05, vf35, garrett gt2560 - 2876.

it depends on what u want to do with the car mate.

PsychO

Member +
as i said ..i want my car to be fast on Quater mile track..so need a turbo with bigget power and lower spool time... :)

MentaLEP91

Member +
hmm what engine do ya have? 4e-5e? wit a td04 u can achieve 300bhp on a 4e so getting a bigger turbo (td05) will get more power. VF35 is very good turbo for dragstrip.

also try to see some member car on here for turbo choices
(dantheman's GT made some rly good bhp on a GT2876 if i remember correctly)

PsychO

Member +
i m runing 4e.. yes TD05 will be much more power but a bigger lag before it spools completely.. the other car will be @ the end of quater mile till it will spool completely

Glanza_cl

Member +
remember it's not all about the power if you cant put the power down you ain't gonna win anything lol, i would want medium ish power and some super sticky slicks up front with a nice coilover setup with antilift kit etc.

alot of races are lost at the start on the drag strip

MentaLEP91

Member +
remember it's not all about the power if you cant put the power down you ain't gonna win anything lol, i would want medium ish power and some super sticky slicks up front with a nice coilover setup with antilift kit etc.

alot of races are lost at the start on the drag strip

indeed! everything is about balance, holy Tsuchiya said:p

PsychO

Member +
yes u right mate.. i totally agree with u... i have some custom coilovers... and some nice gripy tyres.. now just need an upgration for my turbo

aaron425

Member +
i was planning on goiung k24 but was then pointed in the way of t25/t28.......kkk k24's are good turbos and would give a decent gain but they are really old now(any old unit you pick up would need a rebuild i imagine), first used in the 70's and prove quite hard to get hold of:(

garrett t25's give similar spool up and are alot easyer to service and alot more advanced....ive seen t25's on ebay for 60-250gbp:)

ive also seen ep82 manifold with t25 flange for 90gbp on ebay