keeping fit

richglanzav

Member +
dno what people on here are like physical shape wise...but after xmas period and what not, im certainly carring a little more weight than id like to atm.

id like to not necessarily lose weight but tone up. but i dnt wna pay for it, e.g gym, signing up to stuff etc.

so does any1 on ere do any kind of fitness training? i got weights, and can obviouly do running, sports, etc but dieting is a big part 4 me as i seem to have an irresistable appetite especially at night. and atm i cnt seem to find a good diet plan, or fitness plan, e.g what do and how offen to do it etc etc.

if any1 got any basic plan or any tips would be appreciated...cheers.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
been into my gym work for 2 1/2 years now, and like you the hardest part for me is diet. trick is to eat little but often, plenty of fruit etc, and cut right down on the bread.

i've not been to the gym at all this week cos i've got bronchitis but usual aim for 5 times a week for an hour or more. 3 times a week would do most people though

routine wise through the week i do a quick weight circuit with relatively light weights then hit the cardio equipment for an hour. then on sunday hit the weights hoooarddd :haha:

5 1/2 stone lost so far, still 14 stone 12 so a way to go yet.

Last edited:

cameroon95

Member +
No to put you down dude, but I would recommend joining a gym.

I tried working out at home but theres too many distractions.

I go to the gym on the way home early night, that way i always go!

dan

Member +
No to put you down dude, but I would recommend joining a gym.

I tried working out at home but theres too many distractions.

I go to the gym on the way home early night, that way i always go!

I agree here, I had the weights and the bench at home and id do about 20mins then couldnt be arsed n wanna go watch something on tv.

I joined the gym about 3 weeks ago now and loving it again, hadnt been for a few years but slowly getting back into it all again now. The main reason I joined was to take advantage of all the cardio stuff. I tend to do 40mins cardio then weights for 30mins, do that twice a week. But I do walk the dog twice a day everyday for about an hour.

ChrisGT

Member +
Join a gym! I'm heading off to the gym right now! :)

As for diet; look into Paul Mckennas "I can make you thin". Very simple and basic principles that are easy to follow! I've been doing it new weeks now and I'm down 4kg! Been running/lifting a lot as well. So far, so good!

Gav_Kara

Member +
Im joining the gym on monday!
Iv put 2 stone on in the last 3year and im now a size 10 so wanna get back a size 6 again i blame my fella for making me eat cheesey donna kebabs lol

cameroon95

Member +
I think the hardest part for most people is feeling comfertable at the gym.

It can be hard/embaressing for someone to excerise in front of mega fit people.

But you just have to get your mindset right and do it for yourself(sorry if that sounds like a work out video:p)

You do get some pricks at the gym who walk about like gods gift but i try to ignore them and accomplish my own goals.

Phil

Super Moderator
yup, obvious if you have the will, you could train to be whatever you want without paying anything but your own time, alot of people cant do this and need a "gym" atomsphere to stay focused/interested.

personally i can train by myself on country roads or local football training or punchbag wieghts in the garage,

difference is although i "can" train on my own, i cant do it just to look better or feel better because i dont care how i look really or at least im not conscious of it lol i only train for something, like football or badminton or mountain walking atm!

if you get it in your head, you'll be able to put the necessary effort in no problem!

Phil

Matchew

Member +
I go to bannatynes by tesco's in new oscott i pay £52 a month but its worth ive been training for 3 and a half years and i love it i mainly do weights but have introduced alot of cardio into my weekly workout this is what i do i hope this might help you.

4x a week
2x weights
2x cardio

1 weights day for size which is always sets of 4-6 on a heavy weight
i usually do:
Flat chest press straight into bicep curls and triacep dips then do that 3 times over with 30 secs rest inbetween on all exercises.

Incline dumbbells then into shoulder press and lateral rows again 3 times over

Then decline dumbell flys. Then military press x3 on that

And finish off with wide arm pull ups and stretch out

Evrytime i go i mix it up so ur body dont get used to it and get knackered on the same exercises.
Then on the other weights session i do then same but lower weights and sets of 15 for shapin.

And on cardio days just the usual tredmill, rowing machine and cross trainer 15 minutes on each. And then do a abs work out. I would strongly recommend join a gym tho more so for self motivation and if the money is comin out of your account your gonna use it

Kelly

Member +
Join a gym! I'm heading off to the gym right now! :)

As for diet; look into Paul Mckennas "I can make you thin". Very simple and basic principles that are easy to follow! I've been doing it new weeks now and I'm down 4kg! Been running/lifting a lot as well. So far, so good!

Thats a really good book i read that years ago really insightfull.

Im joining the gym on monday!
Iv put 2 stone on in the last 3year and im now a size 10 so wanna get back a size 6 again i blame my fella for making me eat cheesey donna kebabs lol

OMG size 6? the thought makes me feel ill i bet you look perfectly fine as a healthy 10 :)

Best thing i bought is a treadmill its in my bedroom and i did all my weight work at home too. As like yourself i didnt wanna pay any gym fee's and i feel more comfy at home. Now im 4months pregnant i have to deal with getting bigger every month :eek:

Someone mentioned something similair above but ever thought of joining something like your local thai boxing club? great form of self defence and really hard work for the body doing that twice a week would no doubt be a good change for your body.

Gav_Kara

Member +
Thats a really good book i read that years ago really insightfull.

OMG size 6? the thought makes me feel ill i bet you look perfectly fine as a healthy 10 :)

Best thing i bought is a treadmill its in my bedroom and i did all my weight work at home too. As like yourself i didnt wanna pay any gym fee's and i feel more comfy at home. Now im 4months pregnant i have to deal with getting bigger every month :eek:

Someone mentioned something similair above but ever thought of joining something like your local thai boxing club? great form of self defence and really hard work for the body doing that twice a week would no doubt be a good change for your body.

Well true i just need to tone up though cause im getting a belly haha

rb69

Member +
I'm going to start going this month. I have tried doing it at home and like some of you said, it's easy to get distracted. Especially if you've got Family Guy on in the background and you are trying not to piss yourself laughing mid sit-up!

What do people recommend if you want to just add a bit of muscle all round, mainly upper body. I was told do cardio first then weights as it has more of an effect?

ChrisGT

Member +
I'm going to start going this month. I have tried doing it at home and like some of you said, it's easy to get distracted. Especially if you've got Family Guy on in the background and you are trying not to piss yourself laughing mid sit-up!

What do people recommend if you want to just add a bit of muscle all round, mainly upper body. I was told do cardio first then weights as it has more of an effect?

I was always under the impression light cardio warmup, weights, then cardio to relieve the build up of lactic acid?