Knocking after fitting Anti Lift Kit ?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey all,

I got an anti lift kit fitted by TM-Developments on Saturday @ their fresh new workshop :cool: and noticed later that evening that as a result of fitting this, there is alot of knocking coming from underneath the front when the wheels are turned etc.. Just want to see if this is normal?
Ive had my driveshafts & CV joints completely replaced about 2 years ago so dont think its anything to do with that lot.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Lewis :)

turbojim

Lifer
well i always thought you were ment too as the tracking will be out after this but maybe im wrong but i dont think the trackin would really cause a knockin anyway did you look at it just to make sure its all ok?

well i always thought you were ment too as the tracking will be out after this but maybe im wrong but i dont think the trackin would really cause a knockin anyway did you look at it just to make sure its all ok?

yup. after changing anything suspension related you should have it checked

Blak_Mamber

Member +
So i need to get my alignment checked. This wouldnt cause all this knocking though would it?

Car feels so much better though after putting this on (apart from the knocking) sorted out my handling alot.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
go do tracking.. and check the car when its lifted could be something lose?

well the car was in the air when everything got fitted, & Darren gave it a check over before we lowered it (notice the front ARB bushes need replacing soon) but nothing was knocking before fitting this kit which confuses me. Unless now its set at a different angle causing something else to have been altered which it dosent like.... ??

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well the car was in the air when everything got fitted, & Darren gave it a check over before we lowered it (notice the front ARB bushes need replacing soon) but nothing was knocking before fitting this kit which confuses me. Unless now its set at a different angle causing something else to have been altered which it dosent like.... ??

yep true...

your not going to lose anything if you check it again.. everyone make mistakes.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
yep true...

your not going to lose anything if you check it again.. everyone make mistakes.

ok mate, i need to get a seal replaced on my gearbox soon so ill have a look around & check everything over when the cars back in the air as its sooo much better to get worked on rather than when jacked up.

Thanks mate.

Reps added to you lot.

:)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I think Darren mentioned to you that the ARB drop links are badly worn, thats probably the knocking Lewis. The tracking should be checked as well mate

Yeah he did mention that & i said ill order them up soon as. Hope that sorts it. Would i have to go direct to Whiteline for these or can you get these Dave?
Thanks for your help mate.

Idrees

Banned
Yeah he did mention that & i said ill order them up soon as. Hope that sorts it. Would i have to go direct to Whiteline for these or can you get these Dave?
Thanks for your help mate.
Dave sells them cheap :) you'll need the Whiteline ARB too.