koni adjustables rear height?

asifatyard21

Member +
i am running koni adjusatble with rsr springs and the rear arches catch badly if i have any passengers, i have got a panhard rod which i will be fitting next week but just wondered if people run the konis on the higher circlip or the lower? as mine is currently on lower which i like the look of but scrapes. any one with some pictures on the higher setting so can see how much higher it looks?
cheers

kieran.s gt

Member +
had mine on the bottom when i first got them but had to raise it up it scraped badly
heres a pic of mine on the higher clip
on 40 mm springs

100_0344.jpg

100_0250-1.jpg

asifatyard21

Member +
yes that looks cool i thought it would look really odd any higher, wat tire size you running and does it scrape anymore?
any more pics anyone??

asifatyard21

Member +
o cool mine shouldnt scrape when lift it to higher setting then as im running 195/45/15, but the only problem is they dont fill the arches as well with 15s.

kieran.s gt

Member +
o cool mine shouldnt scrape when lift it to higher setting then as im running 195/45/15, but the only problem is they dont fill the arches as well with 15s.

you could try it when the adjustable panhard rod is fitted and see if it improves as is
or you could leave it on the lower and the get the arches rolled

asifatyard21

Member +
before i had trd shocks and it was fine, now it only scrapes one side since i have fitted the konis, so i have got a panhard rod which i havent fitted yet which is probably also contributing to the scraping?

kieran.s gt

Member +
before i had trd shocks and it was fine, now it only scrapes one side since i have fitted the konis, so i have got a panhard rod which i havent fitted yet which is probably also contributing to the scraping?

maybe you havent got the shocks stiff enough
how hard have you set them at

asifatyard21

Member +
well the rears are not adjustable in terms of stiffnes, they are only rebound adjustable as far as i read and have been informed? but even then the rebound is stiffest which i hear is also not advisable on the road

kieran.s gt

Member +
well the rears are not adjustable in terms of stiffnes, they are only rebound adjustable as far as i read and have been informed? but even then the rebound is stiffest which i hear is also not advisable on the road

yeah read that asweel not sure about the rebound thing anyone want to expalin:)

asifatyard21

Member +
im not sure what it exactly means but i have heard many people say that it doesnt make it any stiffer by adjusting it. cheers for info rep added :).
anyone with any pictures with 15" rims??

asifatyard21

Member +
o right yes it would become stiffer by using the upper circlip as it was compress the spring more.
thanx all for info.

anyone with any pics with 15" rims and koni's on the upper circlip???

MWP

Member +
I run on the upper circlip.
The lower one lowered the car too far and caused the tyre to scrape the guards.

I think youll find the lower circlip is meant for use on a different car that the shock also fits.

asifatyard21

Member +
o ok thanx alot for that.
it was quite low but i liked the way it looked that low but obviously if it scrapes its not ideal.
i will put it on the higher one when get chance and see how it goes, MVP have you got a pic of how high it looks??
cheers