Launch Control

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Anyone got a good setup for Launch Control for getting off the line better with 270bhp?

Cant seem to perfect RPM and PSI, either too high or too low and then i feel i get a better Launch on full boost lol.

Would be for a TD04 also.

Any tips/ideas would be good.

Iain

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ye ive spent hours trying to get it right, would definently help at Crail as our surface isnt the best and i struggled last year with traction off the lights.

Ive had a listen to some of the clips of it on youtube and i know how to setup LC etc, but mine doesnt even sound the same so im wondering if something is wrong with what im doing.

starlet666

Member +
i got mine set at 4500 with my gt2860rs and makes about 8psi on the line atm and its just a little bit too much and way too low for 2nd gear launch

Fatman

Member +
Sounds way to high to me... you really need the ability to accurately measure 60' to get a feel for if you're going in the right direction or not. It's very hard to accurately gauge launch performance by feel, wheelspin tends to feel faster but in reality might not be quite so quick.

Personally I would start out at 3200 or so, step off the clutch, if it falls on its face and bogs then increase rpm 1-200 until it doesn't drop the revs on launch. Interestingly the quickest launch will have an element of wheelspin but only so much before you're actually going slower.

Also make sure you've got your tire pressures dialed in, varies wildly depending on tire construction/make etc but fairly good measure is to halve your ordinary psi figure for the strip for a starting point.

starlet666

Member +
i personally wouldnt just side step the clutch unless u want a gearbox in as many parts as about 4 or mine are ;)

personally i slip the clutch a little bit b4 getting right off it and it gets a good launch but still could b heaps better... its trial and error but dont side step the clutch!!

Fatman

Member +
Assuming he's running street tires and less than 300hp it's incredibly unlikely that he'll damage the gearbox. I've seen C52's hold up to many years of skids in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears, clutch kicking, flat shifting, general abuse on the street and have absolutely zero issues. Your gearbox blowing up issues are the exception, not the rule!

If you're running drag radials or slicks then that's a little bit different, you do have the potential to damage the box using those, however preloading the drivetrain will pretty much remove the risk of a breakage.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Assuming he's running street tires and less than 300hp it's incredibly unlikely that he'll damage the gearbox. I've seen C52's hold up to many years of skids in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears, clutch kicking, flat shifting, general abuse on the street and have absolutely zero issues. Your gearbox blowing up issues are the exception, not the rule!

If you're running drag radials or slicks then that's a little bit different, you do have the potential to damage the box using those, however preloading the drivetrain will pretty much remove the risk of a breakage.

Its running 270bhp and Semi Slicks at the most so the gearbox will be fine as you said Fatman, cheers for the information you definently know your stuff in this area.