Launching Techniques

Sham

Member +
What is the best way to launch and at what revs would ya keep ya car at?
Also at what revs would ya change gear to gain maximum power through the rev range?

ragz

Member +
wassapnin sham hows it goin

i usually keep the rev anywere from 2.5-3k rpm

with a bit ov clutch control u shud get a nice quick set off

specially wiv lsd

alan_d

Lifer
This figure will depend on a number of factors, there is no pre determined launch RPM as there are a number of factors, tyre temp, road condition, car spec etc,

For example my old tuned gt needed 5000 on the clock or she stalled as the torque band was moved right up, 5750 on the clock and she lit the wheels like a catherine wheel!
This was one of the reasons I sold up, as coming home from the clubs at half four 'launching' to get up the driveway between our, and the neighbours house didnt go down well lol!

Ive found if im trying to take the lights in my Pug Partner van, im nigh unstoppable at 3000 rpm lol!

bigdoods

Member +
iv just bought myself a beer rev limiter to help with this:)will be interesting to see if it helps launch.will keep ye updated

DriveR

Member +
This figure will depend on a number of factors, there is no pre determined launch RPM as there are a number of factors, tyre temp, road condition, car spec etc,

For example my old tuned gt needed 5000 on the clock or she stalled as the torque band was moved right up, 5750 on the clock and she lit the wheels like a catherine wheel!
This was one of the reasons I sold up, as coming home from the clubs at half four 'launching' to get up the driveway between our, and the neighbours house didnt go down well lol!

Ive found if im trying to take the lights in my Pug Partner van, im nigh unstoppable at 3000 rpm lol!

LOL!

5K for me, But its dependant on factors like turbo and chassis setup, anything less than 4K ish and the car will just bog down but thats because the size of the turbo and because i have such a solid setup i can get the revs that high as i dont get any lift