lazy after 150 km !!!

EH@B

Member +
hii guyz

today tried my :gt-logo
it was pushing hard :) from 0 km to 150 km then start to slow down ( lazy ) !!!
so is the problem from filter in cat back ?? or wht exactly ??

EH@B

Member +
is it from that filter ?
HKS053.jpg

and i useing octane 98

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +
What sort of mods do you have and what power are you running?

Don't forget 150kph is around 93mph so on a stock setup, the rate of acceleration will begin to reduce as the engine simply doesn't have the power to overcome the aerodynamic resistance.

fastglanza

Member +
what are your mods? Get that silencer baffle out of the exhaust!!!! Thats adding loads of back pressure...undo the bolt and nut and pull it out

EH@B

Member +
here is my mods :
fmic
HKS filter
mine's ECU
1 bar boost
2.5 down pipe with cat-back
wight reduced
paddle racing clutch
1jz fuel pump
turbo smart control
oil catch tank
NGK-R-11 Spark plugs
Hi/lo removed
light rims 13 inch
battrey in boot
with stock manifold

Dan3SGTE

Member +
to be honest what maybe lazy to one, will be fast and progressive to the other....

Has it started happening all of a sudden? I know starlets arent the quickest past 100MPH and they do take a big change once you change to 4th gear.... with your mods you should be running quite bit better power....

Monkfish

Member +
I'd reduce the boost until you can replace the stock manifold (Assuming it's not been ported) as the restriction in runner 3 will cause massive problems running 1 bar boost.

to be honest what maybe lazy to one, will be fast and progressive to the other....

Has it started happening all of a sudden? I know starlets arent the quickest past 100MPH and they do take a big change once you change to 4th gear.... with your mods you should be running quite bit better power....

Conversely, he should be running in the region of 170bhp with those mods. Mine (179.2bhp/152lbs.ft) is pretty damn quick to 110-115, after which the acceleration tails off. She still pulls quite well though and has hit 140 quite regularly and has seen 150 once.

What does your boost do?

EH@B

Member +
its 1 bar
and if its not good i will reduce to wht ?
initially i will try it after remove that filter from cat back

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I'd reduce the boost until you can replace the stock manifold (Assuming it's not been ported) as the restriction in runner 3 will cause massive problems running 1 bar boost.

Conversely, he should be running in the region of 170bhp with those mods. Mine (179.2bhp/152lbs.ft) is pretty damn quick to 110-115, after which the acceleration tails off. She still pulls quite well though and has hit 140 quite regularly and has seen 150 once.

What does your boost do?

yeah i see your point... with 170 odd HP, that is assuming his map or his fuel/air ratio is good and not leaning out or too rich otherwise he wont be seeing 170hp but quite a bit less.... If he is then your right that is enough power to still pull past 100mph fairly quickly....

thechomper

Member +
what size wheels have you got ,as i had 17s and it was sluggish after 140,but now with 15s ,flys to 180 no problem

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
That's just normal for a CT9 they die at the top of the rev range, with these two items you will stop this and have power to the red line rest assured:

Toy Tuning Manifold:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=985

Toy Tuning Hybrid:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=988

The OEM manifold is oh so restrictive, they glow when hot which isn't good! You won't be able to get ours to glow and the hybrid will boost to the top of the rev range unlike the stock turbo. Are you running a decat also?

Thanks,

Toby

Guye

Lifer
Toby is right about the turbo. When I fitted a hybrid I noticed I could keep excellerating strongly to 180km with just 1/4-1/3 throttle. That was unheard of with the stock turbo.

yeah..i can testify that newguye's hybrid pulls well past the 150km mark where the oem ct9 dies out......me and him have tested this theory via a live comparison....lol......1st and 2nd gear on the two were pretty much the same.....but 3rd gear is where the hybrid came to life over the ct9

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Maybe see if someone out there will rebuild and modify it for you all those most companies will ship. It's really inherent with the stock CT9 they do loose puff high end, couple that with a restrictive manifold (it's not restrictive in a poor design way it just does the job it was desgined for i.e not 1 bar) and it will always struggle top end.

With something like the stock CT9 you shouldn't really drive at high speeds for long long times, the turbos are very small and they generate a lot of heat over prolonged periods which is detremental to the turbo. You have a fair few mods already, next a manifold would be the missing peice of the puzzle ragardless of top end speed. A Hybrid can always come later or you can go TD04 but when pushing the limits of the CT9 you need to bin the OEM manifold right away. If you run a stock car then the stock manifold is totally fine but if you want the most from her then it's an essential key piece to release those ponies :)

T

EH@B

Member +
thanx mate for wht u said ^_^
i can custom manifold here but i afraid from bad desiging and metarials
thats y i cant fit one in my car and its not thing to me cause i already rebuilt my car i mean i cant stop in this ...
so i hope to find around here a good one like urs mate ^_^