levin twin pots and levin disks on starlet

5e colin

Member +
hey lads whats needed to fit them both on my starlet

i know off the 6/8mm spacers behind the disks and longer studs

ps. did a wide search on the subject but al treads say difrent storys ????????????

weeJohn

Lifer
More than 1 way to do it, some use Astra discs and smaller spacers so it doesnt affect their wheels in the arches.

5e colin

Member +
hey john i dont mind about the space in the arches attal they need filling up anyways
its just i heard/read difrent storys some say they only nead a cut down to 260mm

i want to use the levin disks only

weeJohn

Lifer
I went with ST165 twin pots, carrier bracket bolts straight on, discs only need redrilled to 5 stud and a 3mm spacer behind them so the same studs work.

So much less work and parts are available easily, I got discs for £12 lol.

5e colin

Member +
do the levin caliper brakets bolt strait on to the starlet hub ?? ( smal grind on the centre ) geting confused here

weeJohn

Lifer
There is a couple of versions of Levin brakes, this seems to be where all the confusion comes from. Fitting the 165 set up is a 1 hour job, had it on our trackcar and 2 of my cars, more than enough stopping power.

5e colin

Member +
them pots are from a levin bzr from 97 bean reading al the treads but there al fot the celica twins
is there a disk availeble for the levin twin pots that dont nead a spacer just disk work

i read about opel astra / toyota corolla d4d and beamer disks

but all talking as celica setups

weeJohn

Lifer
You can measure it out with a couple of rulers or a straight edge and a tape if you are really stuck. Put the carrier and caliper on the hub, measure how much distance there is from the face of the hub the disc sits behind the wheel on, to the center point of where the disc should be. Also measure the thickness of disc you can fit in. Then measure the diameter of the back part of the disc that sits over the face of the hub with the studs in it. Now go onto a brake disc site (EBC for example) and see if there is a disc that suits. Here is an image of how they measure brake discs....

brake_rotors.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited: