Life after the starlet.... motorbike time

danturbo4311

Member +
After breaking my ep82 I have been on the hunt for a nice motorbike and after viewing a few I have now put a deposit down on one this morning. Its a Suzuki gsxr 600 K5 20th anniversary edition (basically comes with a different exhaust and more carbon bits and slightly different paint job than your standard gsxr). All I need now is my licence lol, have my test next week. Already ordered the matching leathers to go with it so I can look like a power ranger (sad I know but has to be done):haha:

IMAG0398.jpg

Only picture I have at the mo, I know it's not the greatest but I will get some better ones once Iv picked it up.:rockon:

madman

Member +
they are a serious bike and go well for a 600 i had a 750 k1 myself and that was scary fast i loved it... hope it goes well for ya

Is it easy to learn to drive a bike, I have been getting a bit of an itch for one over the past few months. Owning a bike is something I have never wanted to own up until now

danturbo4311

Member +
Thanks madman I had a look at a gsxr 750 but the insurance difference was unreal. They wanted an extra £800 on top of the quote I got for the 600 so I thought I'd best stick with the 600 especially for a first bike. Plus I think it should be plenty fast enough lol, how did you go about securing yours mate, Iv just purchased an almax series 3 chain and lock along with a cement in the ground anchor also a disc lock (bike comes with an alarm too) my main worry is that someone will take it, I know that if they want to take it that bad they will but I just want to make it as hard as possible for them.

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
very nice bike my uncle had one and sold it.he recently got another and had it stickered in the taz design(relentless stickers in black and dark brown)looks extremly well.was also thinkin of getting a bike for the summer but nothing yet:Zwould only get a 150 as im still on provisional and they scare the hell outa me:p:L lol

madman

Member +
Thanks madman I had a look at a gsxr 750 but the insurance difference was unreal. They wanted an extra £800 on top of the quote I got for the 600 so I thought I'd best stick with the 600 especially for a first bike. Plus I think it should be plenty fast enough lol, how did you go about securing yours mate, Iv just purchased an almax series 3 chain and lock along with a cement in the ground anchor also a disc lock (bike comes with an alarm too) my main worry is that someone will take it, I know that if they want to take it that bad they will but I just want to make it as hard as possible for them.

i wasnt worried about mine where i live tbh bud... if i was you id cement a pole into the ground and chain it to that ;)

danturbo4311

Member +
I must admit I never really thought about owning one untill I went on the back of a friends at the start of the year. There pretty easy to ride mate, when doing my cbt I was riding a old honda 125 and picked it up pretty much straight away, I am now riding a honda 600 cbf which is what I will be doing the test on, its much heavier than the 125 but it just seems easier to ride.

steveatyork

Member +
I have recently sold my zx10r c2h (the mad one) And that was stupidly quick,in the first 3 months I got 3 points and then a month after I nearly got another 3 points,it is so hard not to ride them quick once you are used to the bike,that was one of the main reasons for selling,my sisters boyfriend also has a zx10r(not as modded as mine was and that pulled a 10.1 @ 144 at York raceway also beat a busa king in the process

Apparently those gsxrs are very user friendly and easy to ride fast(good choice of bike)

lewism1

Member +
I must admit I never really thought about owning one untill I went on the back of a friends at the start of the year. There pretty easy to ride mate, when doing my cbt I was riding a old honda 125 and picked it up pretty much straight away, I am now riding a honda 600 cbf which is what I will be doing the test on, its much heavier than the 125 but it just seems easier to ride.

id agree i started to become interested in getting a bike when i went on the back of my brothers vfr 800 never ever had a shot of a bike though...

danturbo4311

Member +
Took my test 2 days ago and passed, Iv been out on it ever since, its so much fun especially when filtering through traffic.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Bikes are too dangerous - you can't make a mistake on them and if you do it can cost your life. Especially on the UK roads.....

I probably would get some sort of bike if I lived in London - but then it rains almost everyday......