light blue evo 4 stolen bristol

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
alrite guys.
just a quick word my evo 4 got stolen from outside my house on the 18th of april was about 11:45 at night police are absalutly useless and send me a letter saying there is nothin more they can do so there giving up basicly lol. only had her about a month aswell mega gutting. wat you guys thinks happend to her?? exported abroud is my top bet. i will get some pics up asap cos she aint hard to spot being that colour

cheers
mike

twaiter

Member +
i take it your gonna claim your insurance? i honestly feel its getting to the stage any one with a car they actually care about is worth while having a security camera setup on the permanant parking area then we can catch these wee bastards!
sorry to hear this mate, best of luck.

that sickens me i was in the same boat last week..
as if its not bad enough your car was stolen:shoot:
they never even came out to look where it was takin from
and since then 2 other lads i know off have had there cars robbed one at 7 in the day outside his house.
the cops are unreal useless but there on the high horse when your a bit over the speed limit or somethin like that.:holdit:
i think its time for some sort "bait car"thing like they do in new zealand instead of just sendin out letters

lingl9z

Member +
Apparently your not allowed a cctv camera on your parking space so i was told as they can then do you under the data protection act or human right or something like that and you wont be able to use the evidence, inless you use it for your own purposes of serving justice =D

jamesbaa

Member +
Apparently your not allowed a cctv camera on your parking space so i was told as they can then do you under the data protection act or human right or something like that and you wont be able to use the evidence, inless you use it for your own purposes of serving justice =D

Thats bollox, if you chose to use a cctv camera aimed on your property then how can that be against the data protection act, surely some one entering your property is breaking the law by trespassing!

ibz

Member +
we got told that we can put up a camera pointing on the road were the car is parked, as long as it doesnt point in anybodys house windows.

twaiter

Member +
sorry no, i mean if its on a drive.

you cant have any recording equipment pointing any other direction other than you priv property, if your car is on a drive you can have as much recording equipment you want and use it as evidence to prosicute against criminal damage,
if its pointing on a public road/path you cant use it as it goes under the invasion of privacy for public passing by etc.
never the less this isnt a teaching class, i hope you get some info on ur car soon man i love these beasts!

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
yh its crazy dont reli think cctv would av helped tho cos they would av just wore a mask or sumthing. have any of you lot had experience with trackers? pretty expensive but something im gonna probly look into 4 my 200

Spoonz

Member +
yh its crazy dont reli think cctv would av helped tho cos they would av just wore a mask or sumthing. have any of you lot had experience with trackers? pretty expensive but something im gonna probly look into 4 my 200

speak to BVS i have jeffs number they fit trackers it depends on which one u go for and u have to subscribe monthy

sorry to hear bout this havnt seen or heard nothing but i'll keep a look out

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
this is wen things get weird... i have just got home from work n have recived a letter from dvla saying we cannot issue ur logbook because your car has been perminantly exported. it also says that they are goin to refund my v62 fee. a v62 is an application for a new logbook if yours has been lost or destoryed. so basicly someone has applyed for a new logbook and exported my car in there name. im just thinkin thats a bit weird because surely it can be traced what dock it left and wheres it goin etc anybody have experienece in this happing to them or no wat is goin on lol

cheers
mike

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
yh init :confused: i have just bin up the police station and told them so weather they do anything more is up to them. im gonna phone the dvla and see if they can tell me where it got exported to.

J

*JO*

it can take a while to get a new log book so hopefully shes been hiding waiting to be exported so if i was you i would be ringing every port explaining the situation and faxing through pics+car reg+info.

also the dvla would give the info to the police of the people who applied for the log book+can hopefully trace them that way.

hope that helps xx

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
rang dvla and they sed the car was registered as exported in january which is 3 months before i bought the car. im now thinkin it has something to do with the garage who sold me the car :confused:

twaiter

Member +
jesus! u should alsways do a check on the car before u buy it!, they probs sold you it knowing the ins and outs of it then decided to collect it again once payment was settled, bastards!