lining cams back up?

Reeco

Member +
were taking the head of my car to see whats up with it, just wondering how you line the cams back up after youve taken them off?

Reeco

Member +
thanks mate helped loads, which is more than i can say for the nob head who rounded off all the bolts underneath my rocker cover XD rep added

Reeco

Member +
nah not yet mate, took us ages trying to get some of the bolts undone (the ones that the rocker cover nuts screw onto) some dumbass before us managed to completley round them off.. so they were literaly just cirlces...prick! and now were waiting on some splines to undone the ones underneath the cams, will update you and tell you how im getting on when ive removed though :0 thanks brad

George611

Member +
I used an allen key to undo the headbolts worked a treat ;), n same here some prick rounded mine off..unless there spose to be like that?

Reeco

Member +
yeah we were guna try allen keys but theyve been done up pretty tight and we wouldnt be able to put enough force on ana allen key without snapping it ...but ta for the suggestion :) and realy? i would say they were supposed to be like that, only things that makes me certain tehre not is the fact that some of mine were more rounded than others :/ , im starting to wonder what has actualy been done to mine in the past though, its been leaking oil since ive had it and i now have a funny feeling its been leaking from the gasket the whole time. the rocker cover has been professionaly painted without a doubt and it seems to rev alot faster than my cousins :S still havnt actualy taken the head of yet though, splines to do it arrived today but none of them fit...is always the same had almost every one except the one i want -.-

Reeco

Member +
thanks guys, yeah we ordered up a whole box of splines thinking it would be in there but it alternated numbers and it ended up that the one we needed wasnt in there so we did buy one off ebay eventualy, thanks again though, turned out to just be ablown headgasket for all those wondering what was wrong with it :)