little help needed

Right guys i duno if you can help but basically my gt will sit there on idle and smoke sometimes worse than others normally worse after a hard drive.

Now i have done a compression test and it can back as 178, 178, 179, 178 is that right??

I have also brought myself a hybrid turbo which is getting rebuilt at the moment, just incase my ct9 was fucked I thought i would get a hybrid as i wanted one anyway

Now if neither of them 2 cure the problem what is the next step???

any help much appriciated :)

rep will be added

cheers

craig

churcherj

Member +
what colour smoke isit? if its white smoke after a run it could be the oil seals on the turbo, my old ct9 did that, sort of stinks of burning oil, its a stange smell.

by the way, those compression results are spot on! think the compression from the factory was 180 or around that so your figures look promising, would hedge my bets on turbo seals

Thats what I was kinda hopeing lol i have got a ct9 Hybrid being rebuilt as we speak so im praying that will cure it lol was just wondering if that doesnt cure it if anyone an think of anything else. But yes dude it is white smoke :(

churcherj

Member +
Thats what I was kinda hopeing lol i have got a ct9 Hybrid being rebuilt as we speak so im praying that will cure it lol was just wondering if that doesnt cure it if anyone an think of anything else. But yes dude it is white smoke :(

will be the turbo oil seals then mate, im not sure but i think valve seals can also create smoke but dont think thats your problem. Put ur hybrid on and i bet it will cure it :) as said my ct9 did it bad, then fitted my td04 and not a sign on smoking :)

if its cold and does it on start up it will just be condensation....

Yeh see i dont have any problems on cold start she is good as gold i will put the hybrid on when i get it back and hopefully it will all be sorted :)

Thanks for all the help buddy you have been repped :)

churcherj

Member +
Yeh see i dont have any problems on cold start she is good as gold i will put the hybrid on when i get it back and hopefully it will all be sorted :)

Thanks for all the help buddy you have been repped :)

no probs hope u get it sorted fella, if it continues to smoke you may have an underlying issue, if so bump this thread up and im sure we can diagnose the issue!

vick

Member +
my mate car was like tht for a while until he change his turbo then it stop smoking since tht his car dnt smoke at all mate hope tht help you