little problem with a member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike D EP82

Member +
I bought a clear cam cover from a member and wasnt happy with its condition it was yellow due to oil, scuffed from where the belt has rubbed at a part and cracked at the bolt mounting points also the rubber was missing. i told the member and he said he refund or reduce the price. so i sent it back but had problems getting to the post office for a while due to work being extra busy and having to work through lunch so it took me a few weeks to eventually get to the post office. i repackaged it due to the box it arrived in was just not upto being resent. now he received it and didnt tell me until i pm'd him a week or so later and got no reply for nearly a week. he then tells me in the pm that he wasnt willing to refund due to the marks on the cover, a crack across the middle (which wasnt there when i sent it) and yellowing. the reason i sent it back was because of this and i copied my pm which i had sent him before and basically told him he was having a laugh. now im £30 down for a cover that wasnt worth £10 because of its condition and i had made it clear i only wanted it if it was in very good nick. so basically iv been sold an item that wasnt as described and he wont refund me. as for the crack take it up with the royal mail as it hadnt left the original box until i repackaged it to resend it. he tryed to tell me that i had it fitted for a few weeks and removed it again to resend it which is bullshit as i bought a brand new cover the day after i received the damaged one and dane can verify this.

i still havent heard any reply from the member and this was on thursday or friday he sent me the pm. what is next action i should take as i paid via paypal. should i open a dispute or name and shame as this may happen to another member? he obviously doesnt want to refund me because he is being a tight arse and is trying to make excuses not to refund. i know it had been a few weeks to resend it i just physically couldnt get to the post office to send it.

help from someone would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike D EP82

Member +
i think so but id rather i got some opinions 1st as i dont see it fair to other members if it happens to them from the same member.

JDMmark

Fresh Recruit
Yea, maybe you shouldn't tell everyone who he is. If people want to know maybe PM them?
I'm really not sure mate.

scot-ish

Member +
personally i would name them

can be found from searching "clear cam cover" anyways, and can been seen in the pics that its yellow a bit

i had this on another forum, paypal is shite mate, all they have to do is empty there bank and use another one, or some people have paypal set to use one account, and ther other account for there use

that way paypal cant retrieve the £££ happened to me over a leather interior for my 106, and i got nothing from paypal

ep91_bham

Fresh Recruit
personally mate i would defo open a dispute on paypal , if you ring them up directly after . you can get your money back very easly .also i would name and shame the member as he could make this a more offten thing
anyway hope my opinion helped

gv1.3

Admin
the name and shame brigade always love to hear some scandal :rolleyes:

You should try to settle this, as you have been, with the seller. If that is not working you should contact paypal and ask them what they can do. You may get your money back from paypal - no point listening to people saying you wont when a lot of times you actually will and you wont know until you try.

If you still have no luck getting this resolved contact a member of staff on here and if the member is deemed to be at fault he will be banned from selling or possibly banned from the site.

Finally.... once the situation has come to a conclusion leave feedback for the member in the sales feedback section.

scot-ish

Member +
and some advise with paypal mate, do not try to claim a refund from the part not arriving as described, i have done this, and after 3 days, paypal said this

Not as described - Claim - aload of numbers ere
Disputed Amount:

* £110.00 GBP

Status

We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

so with paypal, you cant claim if the item isnt as described, so be warned, if you open a dispute, they prob have there arse covered with a tracking number,

there is also a timelimit with paypal and there disputes

pig666eon

Member +
name and shame if he is not willing to get back to you he knows he knows hes done wrong

i wouldnt like it to happen to me help us out!!!:)

gv1.3

Admin
and some advise with paypal mate, do not try to claim a refund from the part not arriving as described, i have done this, and after 3 days, paypal said this

Not as described - Claim - aload of numbers ere
Disputed Amount:

* £110.00 GBP

Status

We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

so with paypal, you cant claim if the item isnt as described, so be warned, if you open a dispute, they prob have there arse covered with a tracking number,

there is also a timelimit with paypal and there disputes

Every case is individual - did you read his first post? has he got the item? no its been sent back so he is not in receipt of what he paid for. He asked how to handle this and has been advised. He wont get any assistance from staff of this site until a paypal dispute has been opened and then pending the outcome of that we will do our best, as we always do, to try resolve the matter. Or he can take your advice and name and shame and never see his money again :rolleyes:

As mentioned paypal is absolutely no protection at all. It claims it is, but any dealings I've had they have done absolutely nothing to help at all and I had to claim back through my credit card. Thats why I always use my credit card with paypal.

gv1.3

Admin
good advise about the credit card ^^

I have to disagree about paypal doing nothing though. We had some merchandise ordered off the site it was sent to a member who PM'd me and told me he received it then a week later he lodged a dispute to get his money back. I Sent his messages to paypal in which he said he had received the items and sent them the receipt for postage etc and they still refunded him... he was promptly banned off the site but it shows they do get refunds even in the wrong.

scot-ish

Member +
Every case is individual - did you read his first post? has he got the item? no its been sent back so he is not in receipt of what he paid for. He asked how to handle this and has been advised. He wont get any assistance from staff of this site until a paypal dispute has been opened and then pending the outcome of that we will do our best, as we always do, to try resolve the matter. Or he can take your advice and name and shame and never see his money again :rolleyes:

i would bet my bottom dollar he will get nothing from paypal in this case, the seller will have a reciept for the item sold, the item was sold around the end of july(from my workings out), there is only 40 days or something where paypal will deal with the case.

i read his frist post, and still stand by my posts sayin paypal is shite, i have been done twice through it, once they couldnt recover the £££ because the seller took the ££ straight out of there bank account, and once because they say they dont deal with items that are not as described, which is the basis of his claim.

Mike D EP82

Member +
i would bet my bottom dollar he will get nothing from paypal in this case, the seller will have a reciept for the item sold, the item was sold around the end of july(from my workings out), there is only 40 days or something where paypal will deal with the case.

i read his frist post, and still stand by my posts sayin paypal is shite, i have been done twice through it, once they couldnt recover the £££ because the seller took the ££ straight out of there bank account, and once because they say they dont deal with items that are not as described, which is the basis of his claim.

just as you said mate paypal is nno use because it wasnt as goods or services :mad:

think i may just name and shame

pig666eon

Member +
i think we have a fair idea of who it is anyway if he hasent been on to you about it well then you know what to do

Mike D EP82

Member +
well i gave him a week last time and now its been 4 or 5 days and nothing. i feel bad in away because his brother basically handled part of it as i paid for 2 thing seperately but at the same time. iv never had a problem with him

pig666eon

Member +
not going to say who but someone else had a slight issue with i think is the same member look sort things out with him first and if like you said completely no response well i think everyone else would like to know to stay away from buying in the future from him

he didnt feel sorry about what he done to you

dont go naming someone unless you 100% in the right

if you genuinely fell you are well then its up to you

scot-ish

Member +
the only thing i think he can challenge me on is how long it took me to send it back apart from that he can take a walk.

yeh, but thats not the point, he has the part, your out of pocket.

pm his brother, and ask him to tell him to pm you back, or atleast tell you whats going on with it. if you get no reply from that. then i would name them, most people who are interested, will be able to find out who it is from my first post in this thread, so can work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.