Log Book Help.. Please!

Pixie96

Member +
Well lads in a bit of pickle at the mo. I bought my glanza back at the start of nov.. the night i bought it i signed the log book for it as you do, now part of this deal was my bmw so i got him to sign mine and took my log off the bmw with me so i wouldn get any speeding tickets from the lad that took my bmw.. anyway i was happy had loads of plan's for my glanza which im in the middle of:p happy days. But still no log has shown up. i rang him and he said "ah yeah i sent that off ages ago" but i rang the transport office and they have told me it was never sent.. now this chap's phone is gone no answer always off. So yesterday i went to the garda station explained everything and said he is not sure if i will ever get the log book but found out the car is not stolen which is a good thing.. i cant get tax nct anything can anyone PLEASE PLEASE HELP!???????

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
alrite mate if u get ur mans mane and address dere is a form you get to fill in an you hav to bring the car to the main deales an they wil stamp the form to say the chassie number matches up wit the number plates then you hav to go and get the guards to sign the form an go down to the court house and the wil stamp it an giv you a new log book now i cud be wrong bout the curt house part i tink i cud be changed to the tax office

Pixie96

Member +
alrite mate if u get ur mans mane and address dere is a form you get to fill in an you hav to bring the car to the main deales an they wil stamp the form to say the chassie number matches up wit the number plates then you hav to go and get the guards to sign the form an go down to the court house and the wil stamp it an giv you a new log book now i cud be wrong bout the curt house part i tink i cud be changed to the tax office

Right cool but the only thing is i didnt buy the car in a main dealer i bought it private?

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
ya you still hav to bring it to them cause they hav the records to say the chassie plates match up with the redge on the numberplates

malcolmgt

Member +
do you have the tiny section of his v5 saying new owner slip??

if so there is a form you fill out with your details, the vin number and has an option to click saying not recieved v5 from previous owner.

Fro

Member +
Similar happened to me, i had the little green slip which said i was the new keeper, took it to the dvla and had to fill out a few a few forms and wait on a new one?

do you have the tiny section of his v5 saying new owner slip??

if so there is a form you fill out with your details, the vin number and has an option to click saying not recieved v5 from previous owner.

He's in Ireland, they don't have "V5's" so I imagine different forms etc.

Pixie96

Member +
He's in Ireland, they don't have "V5's" so I imagine different forms etc.

Yeah thanks lads i wish i had something like that cause over here its like a little book thing he has his and i had mine tryed all day trying to get through to tax office over here they just kept pushing me onto someone else got no were!!