looking for a glanza performance ecu that I can plug straight in

Antwanturbo

Fresh Recruit
hi does anyone have a Toyota glanza performance ecu for sale? Iv been looking high and low for weeks but no joy, would prefer 1 that i could plug straight in as I don’t feel confident wiring it up myself? Cheers Anthony

Calum122

Member +
You interested in the plug and play systems? They're really only suited to CT9 setups. My brother is running one on a WEPR TD04 and FPR.

Like performance is savage, fuel mapping is totally wrong though, plugs are blistering white.

Heard good things about the ME systems. They're plug and play and fully mapable, and come with a factory tune out the box.

Antwanturbo

Fresh Recruit
I have seen the ME systems when I was looking on google at different ecu. The setup Iv currently got is a hybrid ct9 turbo, 4 branch manifold with straight through exhaust, front mount intercooler, air filter relocated to the front bumper and a sequential blow off valve. The problem Iv got atm is because Iv got these mods I don’t think the ecu can keep up so Iv had to set the actuator so the turbo kicks in at about 3500rpm but then hits fuel cut at around 6000rpm, before I adjusted the actuator the turbo was coming in at around 2000rpm but would hit fuel cut at around 4500rpm. This is the 2nd glanza Iv owned with the 1st one being bog standard which I kept that way so I’m kind of learning as I go along. Do you know if I plugged that ME system straight into my car will it instantly run better or will I have to take it straight to the tuning centre? Thanks for your comments it’s much appreciated

Calum122

Member +
So I wouldn't know, all I know is that it will come with a basic CT9 map, which I'd imagine they'd remove the FC from it.

However, the beauty of these ECU's is that you can have them remapped to suit exactly your car needs.

From the sounds of it, a plug and play ECU, JAM, BLITZ MINE, would suit your car nicely. They're very aggressive and removes the FC.

Antwanturbo

Fresh Recruit
Yes I think I’ll look into getting 1 of those in the next couple of weeks, Iv been looking for a jam ecu etc for a while now but they are prooving to be hard to come by. Soon as I fit a new ecu Post back on here to let you know Which 1 I fitted and how it turned out.

SKINY

Lifer
there's not much between a 2nd hand blitz/mines/jam ECU and the ME221, the ME221 has more features and comes with a base map, it also has an auto tune feature too, ive been looking at them lately and the ME221 is looking good

SKINY

Lifer
price wise I'm talking too, blitz etc folk want 500£ for but they are od and prone to faults in my view, have seen plenty of older Celicas have ECU trouble and I'm guessing starlets have some too?
650£ gets ya brand new ECU with waaay more features etc and its plug n play, bear in mind a dyno day and map session is another 300£ plus but the few review so far are great

Antwanturbo

Fresh Recruit
This seems like a no brainer to me now, I either pay £500 for a 2nd hand ecu which are like rocking horse shit plus £300 odd to have it set up or book my car in with motorsport electronics, have the ecu fitted and put on the rolling road to be set up at the same time. :)) I’ll give them a ring now to see what the total cost will be

SKINY

Lifer
With the Blitz/Mines/Jam plug and play you won't need and can't map them, they are also best ran with certain turbos etc to get the proper results from them buddy.
Keep us posted please as I'm 90% going ME221 this year hopefully too :eek:
Start a build thread too show us what your at too :)

Antwanturbo

Fresh Recruit
Ah right I didn’t know that SKINY, it’s all a bit of a learning curve for me and this forum is sure teaching me :)) Iv got my mind set on the me221 now so that’s where I’m going, I tried phoning them earlier but they must be flat out there so I’ll be trying again tomorrow, I’ll do a build thread this week to show you where I am