Looking for lsd

ryanjfo

Member +
Hi looking for lsd for my ep91 glanza v ...wanting 1.5 way and cheapest possible...preferbly not from a uk company as the price exchange is extreme when it hits new zealand.can anyone reccomennd anything?

Phil

Super Moderator
there is a trd helical diff for sale on ebay think it was about 300.

have a wee search on there, 90% sure it was in japan too.

good luck :)

Phil

Fatman

Member +
Ryan, those TRD ones listed on eBay might say 2 way but they are switchable to 1.5 way. Personally i would buy the TRD mechanical unit.

Phil

Super Moderator
Ryan, those TRD ones listed on eBay might say 2 way but they are switchable to 1.5 way. Personally i would buy the TRD mechanical unit.

im thinking of buying a diff myself, any reason why youd prefer the mechanical one? and are they easily interchanged between 2way and 1.5way?

Phil

weakboy2

Member +
The mechanical ones lock out the front wheels totally for better straight line traction but the helical ones are better in the corners with power applied. plus helical are 0 maintenance in theory and silent.

I have a quaife and its fun trying to stay in a straight line with 250 odd bhp lol. I also just bought a gearbox with a trd mechanical diff in it for £180 off mak turbo, couldnt resist it was a fapping bargain lol.

Fatman

Member +
TRD mechanical. You can still buy them new from Toyota locally. Far better for straight line lockup, they are also adjustable via shimming for setting the agressiveness of the locking action. As on starletcentral they're about $1200 currently, they do come up on trademe for less than that on occasion

ryanjfo

Member +
TRD mechanical. You can still buy them new from Toyota locally. Far better for straight line lockup, they are also adjustable via shimming for setting the agressiveness of the locking action. As on starletcentral they're about $1200 currently, they do come up on trademe for less than that on occasion

sweet will try to get one from the toyspeed guy...