Looking to buy a starlet!

liambennett606

Fresh Recruit
alright guys, this is my first post... im looking to buy a starlet but haven't got a clue where to start.. i will have about £5000 by the end of march to spend on a car. any ideas?

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
If you need any help, give me a PM or give me an email. I'll be able to get you a tasty one directly from Japan.

Have a look here for some previous examples I've bought in. :)

And Welcome to the site by the way!!!

GL4NZ4

Fresh Recruit
For 5K look for a 98 - 99 Glanza V.

For your price range you can probably get one fully loaded with mods already.

As a minimum I would look for one which already has some decent Jap alloys on it with coilovers and also a decent bodykit but prefer the engine to be standard.

You can then mod the engine to how you want it. Saves you money in the long run.

GTdan

In The Closet
hey bud

wlecome along - 5k is a lot of money for a starlet - as market has dropped.

What about insurance? look into this before as even though there only a 1.3, there turbod and insurance group is around 15/17.

If all is ok - you need to decided on whether you want an ep82 or an ep91

have a look here....should give you bit more info...

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435

Mike_ep91

Member +
as said already 5k will get you alot of car..

personally id go for an unabused car straight from japan and start modding it from there.

ZEP 082

Member +
as said already 5k will get you alot of car..

personally id go for an unabused car straight from japan and start modding it from there.

sound advise. if you manage to find one with tasty mods will be a bonus and saves you alot of money too.

mcleod

Member +
try and buy one thats been owned on a forum so that will help with any problems its had if any. and 5k will get you a quality motor mate like the others said you just need to decide whether you want a glanza or starlet :)

try and buy one thats been owned on a forum so that will help with any problems its had if any. and 5k will get you a quality motor mate like the others said you just need to decide whether you want a glanza or starlet :)

Thats a good call there. Welcome to tgtt pal.:)

addz

Member +
Welcome.

With 5k you can purchase a nice starlet, i woul settle for a 98/99 spec Glanza V.

Good luck.

liambennett606

Fresh Recruit
hey bud

wlecome along - 5k is a lot of money for a starlet - as market has dropped.

What about insurance? look into this before as even though there only a 1.3, there turbod and insurance group is around 15/17.

If all is ok - you need to decided on whether you want an ep82 or an ep91

have a look here....should give you bit more info...

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435

Thanks for your advice matey just been on to get some quotes and neither a ep82 or ep91 come up. All that comes up is TOYOTA STARLET 1.3i S HATCH 3DR... dont no if thats the same or not.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Thanks for your advice matey just been on to get some quotes and neither a ep82 or ep91 come up. All that comes up is TOYOTA STARLET 1.3i S HATCH 3DR... dont no if thats the same or not.

It's not worth using the net, as you'll just get overly-conservative 'book' prices. Buy yourself a Jap Performance or Banzai mag, and give the brokers/insurers who advertise in there a call. You'll get a much better rate.

liambennett606

Fresh Recruit
It's not worth using the net, as you'll just get overly-conservative 'book' prices. Buy yourself a Jap Performance or Banzai mag, and give the brokers/insurers who advertise in there a call. You'll get a much better rate.

i have also found 90% of companies wont give any quotes on imports... i will give that a try that then.