losing power!

Barretta

Member +
Yo people

I currently have my car being mapped in AFR tuning and some problems come up while on the dyno!

I was losing top end power! we found the problem was on custom intake manifold had a crack!, i took it off and afr welded and did a few more rounds and the car still lean!
I had replaced fuel filter 2 years ago, also have walbro fuel pump, new distributer cap and rotor not new but not bad, upgrade leads! using ngk grade 8 and new.
Using a sard fuel regulator!
Afr boys told me today they think could be the fuel regulator that gone! they will try a new one and get a better bracket to secure the Tm- developments custom manifold! and try to map the car again!
Any suggestions why the car is getting lean pass 225 hp!

Also looking forward to see the results using the 2zzz-ge coil and aem watermethonal kit!

thanks for ur time

Chris@CCM

Member +
y was it losing power tho leaning out ? detting ? cam problems ? the tuner should know from feed back for the ecu , wide band , knock sensor ,dyno etc

Chris@CCM

Member +
Battery went flat in my fine dude , so it's leaning out , fuel pumps fail alot seen it loads , I can't see what was to stop the tuning checking the fuel pressure would have took all of 10 mins but hey that's how they make there money

stuarty1

Member +
if there is a guage on the fpr u should b able to check or turn up or dwn and see if is fucked i would look at fuel pump bud tbh mite not b the prob but just wat i think

Barretta

Member +
Battery went flat in my fine dude , so it's leaning out , fuel pumps fail alot seen it loads , I can't see what was to stop the tuning checking the fuel pressure would have took all of 10 mins but hey that's how they make there money

No Worries Chris! they will change the fuel regulator and put back on the dyno to see what happens!
I first run 248hp with the manifold cracking! after welding manifold back on and made 225hp! I used a walbro fuel pump bought new two years ago! it must be the regulator! for sure! will call then tomorrow!

Chris those coils look tidy will send you some photos, apparently the reason for the coils only running on two cylinders was because the hks fcon needs a amp adapter something like that to run the 4 coils!

Rory

Lifer
I had the same issue 2 weeks back and traced it to my regulator. Tried everything one step at a time to make sure i knew what it was.
Fitted another and now its over fueling which i expected.

Barretta

Member +
There is a lot of people here on this site that gives good feedback to AFR TUNING! I will give mine after but so far cant comment! I will see what happens!
Chris

How do i check if the fuel pump gone!

Fuel pump I would put money on it ! Lazy tuners now days yeah told u the coils would be the job ;)

Barretta

Member +

The reason he stopped tuning again it as he reckon the custom manifold had cracked again and needed secured properly with a bracked! Also mentioned about checking injectors!

Chris@CCM

Member +
All he had to do was tap in to it with a fp gange and do a pull underload to see if it was dropping off this could also be the fpr but I've seen a far few pumps fail

Barretta

Member +
All he had to do was tap in to it with a fp gange and do a pull underload to see if it was dropping off this could also be the fpr but I've seen a far few pumps fail

I drop off the car last friday and today is thursday and its not done yet! lets see what happens!