loss of power and throttle

mikeylove

Member +
right guys i have a problem, i was driving the car quite hard just before i went on holidays and all of a sudden i lost power, the engine was still running but no acceleration or throttle, i have checked today and its not the cambelt, any ideas of what it can be!!!

cheers guys

mikeylove

Member +
the car wont start up but the car does turn over, its not the throttle cable, thinking maybe the fuel pump!!!

Neal Gt

Member +
yeah mate could well be, turn the ign on and c if you can hear the pump working, if not check geting lives e.t.c to the pump, if pump working check your getting fuel up to the rail if not pump might not be working prob,

just saying, abit wired if it was runnig when you lost the power and now its not.:(

mikeylove

Member +
im kind of guessing its the fuel related because all the electrical and mechanics seem fine, and there was no det noise or engine failure noise when it happened

Adam_Glanza

Member +
if its the fuel pump relay you wouldnt be getting any fuel at all i doubt.

check the cps sensor as i said, if its not sensing the crack turning then it wont fire.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
pop the end of the fuel return hose and run and length of pipe into a petrol can. crank the car over and see if any petrol comes out.

Texx

Super Moderator
As already said above, check for engine fault codes.

I would look at the knock sensor, its possible its blown if you were giving it some beans when the engine cut out.

mikeylove

Member +
right i have got the car running the efi fuse had blown, i changed it and it blew straight away, changed it to a 30amp fuse and for now the car seems fine but there is an obvious issue there somewhere, just got to try and work it out now!!!

any ideas

Nwimie

Member +
a short in one of the fuel pump wires ? i would have guessed its a wiring fault if it keeps blowing the fuse. im just clutching at straws :)