Lost keys

conorIRLgt

Member +
Lost the keys of the car Friday fairly raging now nowhere to be found car isn't locked so not to bad the keys for my doors and the ignition were different so what's my best option ?

Keenoep82

Fresh Recruit
Have you lost both the ignition and the door key? If so the only way to go is to find a new lock/ignition barrel (with matching key!) from a scrappy or someone braking their car...

Keenoep82

Fresh Recruit
Pass!

I imagine you'll have to take the lower cowling from around the steering wheel (2 screws underneath), but beyond that I've got no idea I'm afraid!

laskt9

Member +
I believe you need a key to remove it. you have to turn it to on and press a button on the bottom of the barrel

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

monty1991

Member +
from what i remember ther is a code on the passengers door lock, needs to be removed to read it. give it to your local toyota dealer an they will be able to get ya a replacement key

Texx

Super Moderator
from what i remember ther is a code on the passengers door lock, needs to be removed to read it. give it to your local toyota dealer an they will be able to get ya a replacement key

the keys for my doors and the ignition were different so what's my best option ?

Your probably going to have to drill the ignition barrel and use a screwdriver to release the locking mechanism, or remove the steering wheel and combination switches so you can get access to the heads of the shear bolts. Use a small chisel and drift the heads around to undo the bolts and then replace the whole lock assembly with one that has a key.

AdamB

Member +
You can do this to any car, not specific to starlets so its probably all over the net anyway.

Best bet would be to get the barrel out and change the locks. I'm sure Toyota still sell barrels and outer door locks. See a thread about it before.