Lower boost from 1bar to 0.8?

jabran200

Member +
O.k so I am going to assume my car has a jam actuator as it boosts to 1 bar and has a jam FCC and nothing else.

I just noticed this as I accidentally hit that to get out of a situtation in a roundabout as I am breaking in the engine.

I have connected back the hi/lo button as that was bypassed also so I am now driving at 0.6 bar or whatever it is in 3rd fine.

But how can I lower high down to 0.8? as this must be why the previous owner killed the engine.

Thanks.

TO82

Member +
Why do you want to lower 'Hi' just drive it around in Low, otherwise get a stock actuator, thats only other way of droping boost.

AntEP82

Member +
Get an adjustable actuator like the hks one and then lengthen to reduce boost n shorten to increase it until you get the desired amount

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
can an adjustable actuator like the hks one and then lengthen to reduce boost n shorten to increase it until you get the desired amount

was that a question? lol just seemed as though it was a question and yet u were answering that question at same time....i need to sit down haha

Gilly2006

Member +
i don't think you can't get the HKS actuator to go lower than 0.8 bar i don't think. maybe some1 can just add to this?

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
yes u can my hks is running standard boost occasionally creeps to .7
it is different on each individual car tho, so take everything as a guide not expect it to be correct.

AntEP82

Member +
was that a question? lol just seemed as though it was a question and yet u were answering that question at same time....i need to sit down haha

lol durmz you make me laugh :haha: yea i think i wrote can instead of get lol oops my bad.... it's revision madness!! it's got the better of me recently

And yes the hks actuator will go from 0.7-1.1 bar i believe

jabran200

Member +
At the moment I am driving around in "Lo" but 0.40/0.5 but I want 0.8 once its run in lol.

I have a RRFPR so I may tune (well as well as you can with a RRFPR) it with it and run the full bar as I have the supporting mods.

FCD, RX7 tmic, decat, jam actuator which is all you need really. Probbly gonna make a manifold for it if I have time.

Thanks guys.

AntEP82

Member +
You really need an uprated manifold if you're gonna run a bar coz that will pie you're engine with the restriction in the 3rd runner... have you got a forged engine then mate if you're running it in?

jabran200

Member +
nope stock rebuild, all the pistons ringlands were cracked which is due to previous owner driving at 1 bar I'd guess lol.

AntEP82

Member +
probably one of those idiots that ups the boost without any supporting mods! just fcd.... epic fail lol atleast it's in better hands now

Hi mate,

Put up a thread in the "wanted section" and get yourself a stock actuator. You should be offered one for no more than ten pound.
Replace the JAM actuator with the stock actuator and run your car at 0.6 bar boost. - No more unless correct fueling / breathing modifications are in place.

Get the JAM Fuel Cut Controller removed also.

Job done and engine is safe:)

Aidan

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Hi mate,

Put up a thread in the "wanted section" and get yourself a stock actuator. You should be offered one for no more than ten pound.
Replace the JAM actuator with the stock actuator and run your car at 0.6 bar boost. - No more unless correct fueling / breathing modifications are in place.

Get the JAM Fuel Cut Controller removed also.

Job done and engine is safe:)

Aidan

i'd got with that.