lowering help

leigh571

Fresh Recruit
hi i am having my glanza lowered next week on blitz springs (standard shockers) the drop is going to be 35-40mm, i have got 15'' alloys and wondered if i am gonna have trouble going over speed humps thanks

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
try and go as easy as possible on bad roads, with my 4omm springs on standard shocks, my shocks only lasted me a year then all 4 blew the seals...

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
if you want my honest opinion, save your money and either get uprated shocks to match or else get yourself a set of coilovers... wen I had my car lowered on springs, cost around £100... when it recked all four shocks just before the MOT I had to fork out £600 for d2 coilovers... not somefin u wana do just b4 MOT, but you will probably end up doing the same somewhere down the line, within a year or two... plus the difference in the handling is unquestionable =]

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you want my honest opinion, save your money and either get uprated shocks to match or else get yourself a set of coilovers... wen I had my car lowered on springs, cost around £100... when it recked all four shocks just before the MOT I had to fork out £600 for d2 coilovers... not somefin u wana do just b4 MOT, but you will probably end up doing the same somewhere down the line, within a year or two... plus the difference in the handling is unquestionable =]

it really does depend on what roads you use and what you use the car for. coilovers are not always the best bet.

a mate of mine uses a set of TRD springs an a set of stock replacement kyb shocks all round and he uses his car as a daily driver and as a track car and they are awesome. i wouldnt rule out spring and standard shock combos. they dont wear out because of the lowering so much as the fact you tend to drive it harder when it is lowered, plus they are generally at least 10+ years old now!

dac69er

Super Moderator
camskill are doing the full set of gas kyb dampers for around the £150 for a set. probably works out no more than 160-170 delivered which is pretty good!

gas dampers work alot better on lowered cars and give a better ride and performance. i might get some in the new year for the runabout!