Lowering Springs

dannymoville

Fresh Recruit
Im Thinking Of Lowering My Toyota Starlet 1.3 Sportif But Im Not Sure How To Go About It. Do I Need Lowering Springs On Their Own Or Would I Be Better With Coilovers? Im Really Not Sure. Sum1 Help Me Please. Oh Yes And How Much Would I Be Recommended To Lower It By? :homer::confused:

davehart

Member +
I would not bother with coilovers, not on a n/a anyway.

Very easy to lower, search e-bay or the traders on here as they all have lowering springs for sale. Typically springs will drop you car around 40mm on the front and 35mm on the rear.

Price wise your looking at around £100 or less if you can pick some up second hand.

Fitment you can do it yourself, just get some spring compressors and a few basic tools to take the strut off and jobs a good one.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would seriously recommend tein springs if your going to use them on stock dampers. they do a ver good job. cost a little more than the other makes, but it really is worth the extra.

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
I would reccomend tin springs too but if you want to go the cheaper root id recomend g max there very good value for money and the ot bouncy like your usual lowering springs
http://www.mcgautostyling.com/
he is very good i got my g max lowereing springs off him for 130e dilevered