Lowering your premiums

skyinsurance

Member +
Not tips as such but the bits listed below are the biggest variables which effect the price you pay on insurance:

Limited mileage
Access to other cars (parents, girlfriends etc)
NCB
Postcode
Experience on a similar vehicle
Ownership (claim free) of the current car you are insuring
Where car is kept over night (eg garage better than on street)
Security fitment
Car club membership

SP30/50s etc dont make much difference, if any at all.. if you look at it from an insurer's perspective you could view someone with 9 point on their licence as less of an insurance risk becuase they are more likely to drive carefully to avoid losing their licence.

The convictions we dont like a dangerous driving/drink driving etc.. but even these are not the end of the world.. a conviction for racing on the public highway isn't great!

A lot of these are obvious but I do get asked this sort of stuff all the time.. so here it is in black and white :cool:

Ollie
Sky Insurance

y3Lo

Member +
nice, btw ollie, my insurance is up end of the month, when can i expect my renewal quote from you guys? :)

wee-jo

Member +
Would you mind getting in touch with me either today (between 2pm-4pm) or friday (anytime after 12) to gauge the price of a future quote? I'm sure you could do better than adrian flux's 2500 tpft!!

skyinsurance

Member +
nice, btw ollie, my insurance is up end of the month, when can i expect my renewal quote from you guys? :)

Hi,

these are sent out 21 days in advance.. PM me your details if you like and I can check when it is being sent..

Thanks

Ollie

skyinsurance

Member +
Would you mind getting in touch with me either today (between 2pm-4pm) or friday (anytime after 12) to gauge the price of a future quote? I'm sure you could do better than adrian flux's 2500 tpft!!

No probs, I have your phone number on an old PM :)

lingl9z

Member +
Bit random but if i have access to use of another car would that lower my premium as i drive them about 50/50?

Rich.

GTti

Member +
My partner is a police officer, this brings some rewards in insurance premiums when I place her on my policy!

£530 down to £350! Fully comprehensive and modifications declared!

Last edited:

lingl9z

Member +
My partner is a police officer, this brings some rewards in insurance premiums when I place her on my policy!

£530 down to £350! Fully comprehensive and modifications declared!

thats pretty good :) now to find my self an officer... :)

Stulet-GTT

Member +
SP30/50s etc dont make much difference, if any at all.. if you look at it from an insurer's perspective you could view someone with 9 point on their licence as less of an insurance risk becuase they are more likely to drive carefully to avoid losing their licence.

This is somink i need to hear as i have 9point's now, in may 2010 6 of them come off my licence...

My insurance is due mid year an if its to much the starlet will be coming off the road for a while, somink i really do not want to happen...

Monkfish

Member +
Nice bit of advice.

Oddly, my renewal came through yesterday and I was surprised to find my premium has increased some £40 over last years, despite gaining another year of NCD (Now 6) and not having had a claim. :confused:

GTti

Member +
Nice bit of advice.

Oddly, my renewal came through yesterday and I was surprised to find my premium has increased some £40 over last years, despite gaining another year of NCD (Now 6) and not having had a claim. :confused:

Don't worry it's just inflation, your pay rise at work should help pay for this, or perhaps they charged you 20% VAT by accident... hmm not good is it!

On a more serious note, perhaps more fish have been claiming around your area :p

starbogt

Member +
does riding a motorbike have any positive affects on the car premium? cos they shaft yer bike insurance if yer have a claim on your car policy!

aaronw

Member +
my renewal is due next month with skyinsurance,i have to say ive been happier with them than any other company,for having mods declaired.