LSD Question

Clubman S

Member +
Hi mates

it normal when you are turning the car gets hard to drive?

i mean the car tends to go traight not turn like a normal car?

I have a Cusco LSD and its clunky and VERY hard to drive

cheers

corofin12345

Member +
what type is the lsd.. is it 1.5 or 2 way..it will be way different than a standard diff alright.. not 2 familiar with the cusco but some lsd's will drag ya all over the road

Clubman S

Member +
what type is the lsd.. is it 1.5 or 2 way..it will be way different than a standard diff alright.. not 2 familiar with the cusco but some lsd's will drag ya all over the road

i really dont know if is it a 1.5 or 2 way lsd, came with the engine from japan

but it`s soooo hard to drive/turn and clunk way to much turning
the car try to go straight when you turn! :drive:

addz

Member +
Sounds about right.

Mine also pulls wherever it's planted. Pretty sure mine isn't stock either and there isn't any way to find out unless you rip it apart I guess

Clubman S

Member +
clubman... :)... ya drove a glanza with a 2 way quaife lsd and it was quiet scary but fun in a way..

im using Yokos A032R but on 10" wheels so its haaaard to drive, quite fun & fast!

i´m gonna use the car as much as I can so will swap it for a non lsd, more safe & friendly....:drive:

addz

Member +
im using Yokos A032R but on 10" wheels so its haaaard to drive, quite fun & fast!

i´m gonna use the car as much as I can so will swap it for a non lsd, more safe & friendly....:drive:

Keep the LSD! You will get used to it.

Many on here break bones to get a LSD

Clubman S

Member +
Keep the LSD! You will get used to it.

Many on here break bones to get a LSD

but I cant even drive with this set up, the car goes straight when cornering! lol
its fun to drive but its make a lot of noise and clunking, not friendly as a daily driver car

corofin12345

Member +
^^fact fella.. you will get used of it over time... what spec is on your car?? have you changed the oil in the gearbox recently and what oil??

Clubman S

Member +
^^fact fella.. you will get used of it over time... what spec is on your car?? have you changed the oil in the gearbox recently and what oil??

specs as foll

CT9 turbo (std)
2.5" downpipe and exhaust (all in SS)
FMIC
Blitz Access ECU
HKS Plugs
TRD/Exedy Clutch
TRD spark Plug wire set
std mani ported
cusco LSD

all this in a Mini Clubman with 10x7" & Yokos A032R (I dont think it last too much :haha:)

yesterday was the first test drive and it was gorgeous but turning sucks :haha: and clunk a lot

corofin12345

Member +
ah now im on the same wave lenght..was thinking 10" wheels were very small.. lol... ya she must be some bitch on the corners.. a stock diff will be grand for your setup mate.. sell on the lsd and box and get a good standard one.. dont swap mate ull get a good bit for your box with that lsd in it

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ive a Cusco LSD 1 way and its clunky same thing youll get use to it , ive a trd diff im thinking of putting this into another box and firing it in on two minds

Boab

Member +
Go and do some slow figure of 8's, in both directions. Usually helps to free up the diffs + make them less clunky.

Bob

kenzo

Member +
i think i've a diff in my glanza but am i right in sayin that when you take a corner the car steering gets stiff and is hard to turn and when i lift off the accelerator the car makes a clunky noise?
also when i turn and let go of the steering wheel the steering wheel springs back to the straight position really fast? that means i've a diff right?

when i launched the car the other nite the car just pulled wherever i have the steering wheel facing?

does this sound correct?

Matt Glanza

Member +
The way to tell if you have a diff is to jack the front up and turn one wheel if the other turns with it then you got a diff