lsd vs. non lsd

fred

Member +
They will help alot with powering out of a corner, transferring power to the outside wheel to "pull" you round the corner.

Also launching the car will be improoved aswell.

Sigma

Member +
Non LSD boxes are alright with standard power. Anything else, you just about need one.

TRD one's are awesome :)

bigdoods

Member +
i think most are just straight swap for stock diff

no i dont think so.the stock diff has a bit on the outside of the bell housing which ya need to get a different rear engine mount and 1 different drive shaft as far as i know.but if its an aftermarket diff they go straight into the box and ya can fit them straight in.

I have TRD 2way diff.they are class.id never drive another car without one:)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no i dont think so.the stock diff has a bit on the outside of the bell housing which ya need to get a different rear engine mount and 1 different drive shaft as far as i know.but if its an aftermarket diff they go straight into the box and ya can fit them straight in.

wat he is saying is correct,

he has stated he has the "NON lsd" version of the c52 transmission, which means its just a standard gearbox correct?

so he only needs to swap the standard diff with the aftermarket diff and its all sorted, no need for different shaft and gearbox mount

Phil

Super Moderator

i think there is a bit of confusion here, (if im wrong, sorry but,)

EDIT adam just explained it.

weakboy2

Member +

he has stated he has the "NON lsd" version of the c52 transmission, which means its just a standard gearbox correct?

so he only needs to swap the standard diff with the aftermarket diff and its all sorted, no need for different shaft and gearbox mount

Yup Cheers mate ;)

bigdoods

Member +

oh ya sorry:)i thought he was on about the standard factory diff:)

WullieC

Member +
Which is the best one to get?

there are various ones on the market

Cusco MZ
Quaife ATB
TRD Helical
TRD Mechanical

these are the ones iv seen and whats the difference between the Helical and the mechanical LSD from TRD? :confused:

WullieC

Member +
The Quaife LSD is very good :)

yeah, Dave Burwash was telling me about them, he affectionatly called it "The ditch finder" pmsl!

Sounds like a great piece of kit tho, if a tad expensive

what about the Helical and mechanical from TRD whats the story there?