Lsd..

PsychO

Member +
guyz i have some LSD but m not shure which one.. when both wheels in air and if i rotate one wheel..the other will go in the same direction... i have one prob.. its when i m turning the car the it sounds like the axel will break out.but i went to the axel guy many time , he checked it a lot of times , even replaced my axels but the sound is still there..can any one help

PsychO

Member +
some ppl saying that its normal and some lsd always sound like that ..some saying that its a prob and i'll have to get my gear work done....so what u guyz say??

madman

Member +
yes most diff's do this.... it can get annoying at times but well worth the banging when you run high power

durmz

Member +
the clunking and banging. im getting it too, but im getting sum real funky noises, and i can feel it through the wheel, that normal??? ima try whacking sum top notch oil in it

PsychO

Member +
same here bro.. i m feeling the bangs in my steering wheel :confused:
i m sure some can tell which oil to use??

durmz

Member +
yer man...i dont like it lol, dont sound safe! lol i think my gbox oils getting low, as i looked earlier and drive shaft seals gone, but its not nice man, plus my cars well standard when i bought it, so why theyve whacked an aftermarket lsd in it i dnt know.

thing ive been told is mate if ure lsd is after market it needs different oil depending on which it is, they all like different oil :homer: im losing me mind lol

steveatyork

Member +
i have the same problem done abit of research and this is 1 of the answers i got back Dear leylandracer,

Hi this is normal for this diff, the clunking you get is caused by the lack of Low down torque, this also happens on honda vtec as well. Basically because there is less pressure on the diff at low torque so the mechanical components move around slightly.The silkolene stuff is very good but it may be worth flushing it out (as discussed) try on the cusco oil as this has special additives desigend to work with the diff. Thanks Partbox

- part-box.c0m

PsychO

Member +
thankx mates :) ..now m sure that its not something to worry..its normal..as i was to much worried as i feel that the axel will comeout any minute on making turns