MacBooks

CTR_Timmy

Member +
I am after some advice. I need a new laptop and my grandparents have given me a nice some of cash that would easily fund a MacBook Pro however I have never used an apple computer before and am wondering are they really worth the huge price tag.

I only use the computer for bowsing net, storing pictures and iTunes however I would like to get new DJ software when I get a new laptop and possibly get into photo editing.

So guys anyone got an Apple or had experience with them

whiteglanzav

Member +
i have an i mac and it is amazing - it does take a little while to get used to but they are awesome machines - sanchez has one i believe and he loves it too

when i replace the laptop im gunna get an apple and the buy the word/exel etc package for compatibility reasons at work.

deffo get one !!!

CTR_Timmy

Member +
I heard they are less prone to virus's. Only down point is started to look at software and it seems alot more expensive than PC software. I am only going to go for the entry level MB Pro if I decide to get one.

sanchez

Member +
As Ed says mate, they are awesome, i look back at all the shite ive used in the past and i think wtf lol

You WILL hate it at first, i did, i was like wtf have i done lol i have just spent £1000 on a macbook pro that i cant even use!!!!!!!!

But now i LOVE it! its so easy to use when you get used to it.

Yeah fro what i can see, its pretty good against viruses, well i havent got one, some people say that they cant get viruses, but apparently they can.

Yeah i agree all the packages, dj programs, and photoshop etc are expensive, but you get what you pay for imo.

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Thanks guys. My grandparets brought the new apple Mac and they got an hour free demo in store to help them use it so if i go there and get may get same service :)

sanchez

Member +
Yep my mate borrowed teh top of the range one form his work and installed it on his mac, free photoshop what a twat lol

davehart

Member +
Once you get used to the differences between a PC WIndows based system and the MacOS system you will wonder why you ever used a PC in the first place.

Laptop wise, my Macbook's fantastic, I'd recommend a separate mouse though as the touch pad is gash.