Main crank bearings numbers... quick question

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
Ahoy...

On toby's site these are numbered 1-5 however my mechanic told me when he took them out mine are numbered 4 K 3 3 K and the big end bearing shells were 4 1 2 C (also numbered 1-3 on the site iirc)

Any ideas? this is irritating lol.

GT_Ben

Member +
If your crank if in good condition and are simply replacing them, then a set of standard sized new bearings is what you need. Im sure Toby will know what size to supply if you state 'standard size' .

If your crank isnt in good condition and needing a re-grind, then you'l have to go for a undersized Main and Big end bearings, probs around 10tho/.25mm but this will depend on your mechanics recomendation and your crank's condition.

Hope this helps!

Ben

djurny

Member +
Ahoy...

On toby's site these are numbered 1-5 however my mechanic told me when he took them out mine are numbered 4 K 3 3 K and the big end bearing shells were 4 1 2 C (also numbered 1-3 on the site iirc)

Any ideas? this is irritating lol.
there should be some other numbering on the bearings.. i noticed the same numbers (i.i.r.c.) on my main bearings, but there is also another digit stamped on..
for part numbers i have to look into my workshop manual..

ragz

Member +
i think what your looking for is the tolerance number should be stamped on the outer side of the bearing between 1-3 or something