main motorway in Ireland to have it speed reduced from 120kmh(75mph) to 100kmh(60)

thechomper

Member +
this has to be the biggest joke ,the biggest main motorway in Dublin, Ireland ,has just been upgraded to 4 lanes ,with the tax payer paying millions to do this ,and the speed limit is going to be reduced ,what a joke ,Ireland is getting worse and worse,here is the statement

Taken from the ISDC:

Believe it or not after pouring in millions of hard earned tax payers money into upgrading the M50 to a 3 lane motorway (4 lanes between the toll and the Red Cow roundy) the NRA in conjunction with the various councils and the Minister for Transport have decided to reduce the speed limit from the existing motorway speed limit of 120 kph to 100 kph.

This is not a temporary measure and it has been confirmed that the new limit of 100 kph will apply to entire M50 except in those sections where special temporary speed limits apply pending completion of upgrade works. This means that the new 4 lane section from the Toll to the Red Cow is already 100kph and the permanent signs are in place to prove it.

An online petition has been started to reinstate the old 120 kph limit. All you have to do is click the link below and type your name and e mail and hit submit. You can even leave a comment if you wish but please bear in mind that OTT comments will not help the chances of reversing this crazy decision.

http://www.petitiononline.com/M50120km

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
wats t story thats a fu*kin joke ..wen u can go down t country an do 100kph down back roads wat a country ....is ther no 1 on this that wants t run 4 minister lol

Duff

Member +
Signed, Thats a complete joke..I bet it has something to do with the new cross boarder motorway thats being built. Its from Dublin to Belfast, it goes as far as Newry at the minute..

Duff

Member +
I wouldnt have thought so,our speed limit is 70mph

I'm not saying the the Norths fault! :p..I just think that the corss border thing might have something to do with it.. just another poxy idea by our government anyways..:shoot:

thechomper

Member +
well there is a plan to roll out a lot of private speed cameras in Ireland,so could be a way of making more revenue ,dos'nt make sense ,as all the car crashes in Ireland are happening on small back roads,plus the toll bridge on the m50 causes so much conjestion in Dublin,its a joke ,pay to use a road and can only do 100kmh,probably the slowest motorway in Europe

L900CMC

Member +
I'm not saying the the Norths fault! :p..I just think that the corss border thing might have something to do with it.. just another poxy idea by our government anyways..:shoot:

No i didnt mean it that way sir,jus meant its strange that yours has dropped to 60 if ours is 70,cus your gona go from 60 to 70 if you cross the border????

Governments have strange ways of working things!!

Duff

Member +
No i didnt mean it that way sir,jus meant its strange that yours has dropped to 60 if ours is 70,cus your gona go from 60 to 70 if you cross the border????

Governments have strange ways of working things!!

No probs dude..I wasnt offended or anything!! lol:homer:..anyway yeah thats a good point!..Bottom line anyway is that its a bloody sham of an idea!

L900CMC

Member +
No probs dude..I wasnt offended or anything!! lol:homer:..anyway yeah thats a good point!..Bottom line anyway is that its a bloody sham of an idea!

Gd gd, Certainly is a sham,its prob jus a scam to make money from speeding fines!!

Guye

Lifer
80km max limit over here. You can watch the bushes grow while you drive. On the other hand, fuel lasts much longer at that speed.

Deano

Banned
Over in Our country Nz our motorway speed limit is 100 km/h I reckon thats a safe speed as if your going 120 km/h in wet weather it could cause a serious accident 100 km/h is pretty fast imho

bigdoods

Member +
Over in Our country Nz our motorway speed limit is 100 km/h I reckon thats a safe speed as if your going 120 km/h in wet weather it could cause a serious accident 100 km/h is pretty fast imho

lol deano is defo brian cowen(irelands new taoiseach) in disguise:)100 is rediculously slow.fact.dublin to galway n1 is the best road iv ever driven on and even on that we have to go rediculously slow.100km for half it then the tiny increase of 20km for the rest,i agree with bov 140kmh all the way lol:p

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
At the end of the day we all drive as fast as we want and as fast as we feel safe at. Just buy yourselves road angels to let you know about the safety (read, cash) cameras and be careful.

SaRfI

Member +
i get what ya mean mate , but first they over spent tax payer money and didn't finish the project at the time and cause too much traffic Jams all around the motorway and when the road is safe and Good to go they reduce the speed limits. i don't blame people if they are pissed over this.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Nah fair one mate I can't blame you for being pissed at the government, I think everyone is regardless of country, I'm just saying don't get too hung up n a speed limit, just drive how you feel safe and make sure you don't get caught on camera. Fuck, I'm such an anarchist! :p lol