Major idle problem please help!

Gtstu

Member +
i have a problem with a Gt idling high. The idle screw is all the way in and when warm it still idles at 1400rpm. I have checked every vac pipe and also pinched them off inc the pcv and it has made no change i have also checked the injector seals there fine , iv replaced the inlet mani with a know working icv and a known working throttle body iv replaced the cts and its still idles high.Iv sprayed brake cleaner all over to try and find a leak but no joy also changed the ecu map sensor . If i block the throttle body it cuts out and i cant hear any sucking?This problem is driving me mad have i missed anything?

corofin12345

Member +
sorry just seen your last post..did this just happen out of the blue?? can you put up a picture of your engine bay.. someone might cop something then..

corofin12345

Member +
have you checked the trottle pully.. mine slipped before and was idling high... put up a pic of your bay if you can.. somethings a miss

corofin12345

Member +
do 2 rule it out anyway... its a prossess of elimination really mate... make a list and thick off when your sure the problem doesnt lie there.. its what i do anyway... could be something very simple :)