major problem water getting into cylinder 1

ok i now have a major problem, over the last week i took all the head off because my water was pressurising through my radiator and out my overflow bottle indicating that the head gasket had gone between the cylinder and water lines. when i took the head off the head gasket had not gone? so i had the head pressure tested but the guy couldnt skim it due to the angle on the head.the head was not cracked so i got a new head gasket and thermostat and rebuilt it back up!

so now the cars timing etc is all fine but when the car was started tons of steam started pouring out the exhaust, so i double checked all the water lines etc and all seem ok, but when i took the spark plugs out cylinder no 3 and 4 are fine but after the vcar had been running i took the spark plug out of number 2 and smoke/steam came out but the spark plug was dry, but when i took number 1 out the plug was soaked in water nd when i fired it over water was coming out the cylinder no 1?

now what do i do im 99% sure all my water pipes are in the correct places. so is it what i think either the head was warped and needs skimming or the block is cracked? the head gasket is new and the head was correctly touqued down so now im stuck?

i hav a 4efe down the garden is it possible to use the block or the head off that?

any help or ideas im really pissed off

thanks again
Dean

ive tried swapping the 2 pipes but when i started it up it still had steam coming out of exhaust but also theres only water in cylinder 1? would this do this? also out of the 2 pipes does the water pipe go on the back or the front?

im so fed up!!
thanks Dean

Shorty

Member +
yes mate you could use the 4efe block or head you may need to borethe block to fit the pistons as im not sue if they are the same size as turbo pistons (i think they are)

im just re swapping the pipes now if this is the problem how long would it take for all the water to rumn out the system? i had it running for about a minuite before with still the same problem would it take longer to run through?

thanks Dean

southwalesgt

Member +
1 and 2 are vacuum

3 and 4 are water

TB.jpg

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
that's a vacuum pipe diagram right there, and that's not the water tube, it's a vacuum/pressure chamber that sends feeds to the map sensor and other bits and pieces ;)

the thing is on that diagram it shows the 2 pipes that come from the powersteering rack. the 1 pipe goes to the throttle body and the other goes to the tube at the back of the inlet.

but on mine ive got both the steering rack pipe going to the throttle boddy and theres another pipe that goes to the tube at the back of the inlet!

what have i done wrong also i dont know which out of the 2 pipes is water?

has any 1 got any pics they could help me out with please?

thanks again Dean

bridog

Member +
sounds just like the problem i had , take the one out of the back of the inlet and swap it with the hose you got going to the one going on the throttle body ( water ) . when you get it in place , you realise that all the bends in the pipe make sense .

so after you finish you should have a set up like in the diagram

bridog

Member +
the water pipe is the one you have connect to the back of the inlet rail which needs to be put on the throttle body ( nearest to you if i remember )

so yo have a vacumm pipe going to the back off the inlet mani rail and the throtle body ( both of these come from down by the steering )

Last edited:
ok i hav water running through the intercooler pipes im seriously pissed off
no body have any pics?

ok ive taken a few pics.
Image489.jpg

this is the pic of the 2 pipes from the steering rack 1 is longer than the other! the one marked with red tape ois the longer of the 2.
Image490.jpg

which pipe goes to the tube at the back of the inlet and which 2 go to the throttle body??

please help thanks Dean

bridog

Member +
yes , sounds right .

dont forget to flush out all the crap oil that will have water mixed in with it !!!

and my car smoked for a while even with it all connected up right , as in it was clearing all the shit out the pipes !!

good luck