Manifold gasket is blowing! Help Please Wanna help in kent

M

mad_max926

Hi people recently upgradeed to a zisco manifold but currently have "soot" around the right hand side of the manifold its clearly blowing i replaced my old gasket with a brand new toyota one.

Now im pretty pissed off to say the least as i have no money to fix this at a workshop and im not the best hands on person. Now im realli confused and worried my manifold may not be flush in worse case senario but its more than likely my poor fitment.

Can u buy uprated manifold gaskets any where have seen one on ebay but doesn't look the best?
Also do u no torque settings for mani?

Im seriously debating taking it to toyota for fitting is there any one local who could help me

AdDaMan

Member +
mate firstly do not take it to toyota. Secondly i doubt very much zisco mani would be not-flat.
Toyota gaskets are perfect for the job you must not have done it tight enough matey.

M

mad_max926

prob aint done it tight enough and zisco is pretty awesome and i also totally doubt anything is wrong with the manifold itself just the nuts felt like they couldn go any tighter IM PROPER LOST lol

start bolting the middle then out side like a head gasket and do them up tight..... mind you i had same problem and not only did i use some exhaust paste very small amount but i used a different gasket a much fatter one incase of uneven edges but worked great

M

mad_max926

where u buy ur gasket from pal? ok start from middle work way out then retighten middle?

glanza4ever

Member +
i had the same problem but the cause was the chinise mani that had on ... i believe the best thing to do is take out the mani , check the flange if its flat (because maybe if you did wrong tighting and work like this it might have lose its flatness) clean all the surfaces and then if all ok put it on with a new genuine gasket and make the right tight!!!
that's what i'll do when i'll have my new mani...

ps. there is no need to put exhaust paste when using genuine gasket.

chears