manifold reconmendation

adee-ep

Member +
well i need some help here. i have not long bought my glanza, but since having it i have had a fair few problems. engines and turbos going but a well. i have recently fited a 5efte and i need a new mani as the standard one is restrictive, what you think would be best for me? heres the spec of the car.

5efte
hdi fmic
decat
2.5inch straight threw
boost gauge
air filter relocation.

budgets about 300

cheers aidan

Rory

Lifer
Dont buy cheap Stainless products...
If you are buying quality stainless, you will pay more for them.

Also, you will be polishing the mani every week if you want to keep it shiney! :p

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
to keep a stainless manifold shiny, you need to polish it every time you use the car practically.

adee-ep

Member +
ok cheers for the advice guys. il have a wee think about it. what do you thing about the one from tm devolpments rory?

Rory

Lifer
Looks pretty cheap, and will posibly crack soon after fitting.

If you can, head for Zisco Performance or WEPR.

I use WEPR products on my car, and i very rarely have a problem.
Dane @ SPS who used to be a trader on here had nice Stainless manifolds. Possibly throw him a PM and see where he had his made up?

Or forget Staniless, and go for Mild steel, takes expansion and contraction alot better than cheap stainless(304)
When you start to go for Stainless 316 or 321 you start heading upwards in price.

You get what you pay for.

I would say go for mild steel, the stainless ones use mild steel flanges so the expansion and contraction rates are different which can contribute to cracking, this shouldn't be as big a problem if you go for a stainless one of the stainless one's rory was talking about as they have a decent thickness of pip.

I have got a new wepr mild steal equal length mani after my stainless wepr mani cracked(v.old version).

The quality of the mani seems to be very good and I don't think it'll crack anytime soon but it was a balls to fit because my dual core rad wouldn't fit because of the position of the external wastegate and the standard rad was way too close to the mani, I mean nearly touching I wouldn't call it standard rad friendly at all. So I used a rad from an N/A so I could fit my air filter in the front bumper and thanks to ed for making brackets to mount the rad as far away from the mani as possible

Looks pretty cheap, and will posibly crack soon after fitting.

If you can, head for Zisco Performance or WEPR.

I use WEPR products on my car, and i very rarely have a problem.
Dane @ SPS who used to be a trader on here had nice Stainless manifolds. Possibly throw him a PM and see where he had his made up?

Or forget Staniless, and go for Mild steel, takes expansion and contraction alot better than cheap stainless(304)
When you start to go for Stainless 316 or 321 you start heading upwards in price.

You get what you pay for.

i agree most of the others are poor quality