many people used this mani and downpipe????

durmz

Member +
some people have been using the mild steel toyo sports mani and downpipe with no problems. you will need toyota gaskets though, those will almost definatly blow through

stavros

Member +
I had a mild steel toyo sports td04 mani and decat, was only run on the car for several hours at the max but on inspection is seems quite well made tbh. Welds were good and the kit was pretty robust. Only thing id reconmend doing is welding a plate between the Mani/head flange to the mani/turbo flange to prevent it breaking as it'll be carrying alot of weight. I cant vouch for what their stainless gear is like though sadly. And as per above, use oem gaskets for the price of them its worth it just to be sure :)

adam ep

Member +
I had a mild steel toyo sports td04 mani and decat, was only run on the car for several hours at the max but on inspection is seems quite well made tbh. Welds were good and the kit was pretty robust. Only thing id reconmend doing is welding a plate between the Mani/head flange to the mani/turbo flange to prevent it breaking as it'll be carrying alot of weight. I cant vouch for what their stainless gear is like though sadly. And as per above, use oem gaskets for the price of them its worth it just to be sure :)

rep added..:)...very helpful.....

do toyosports have a dealer/website or just through ebay?

adam ep

Member +
yeah my buddy got the mani n downpipe for hs gt aswell and its perfect..mani turned blue from the heat though..ha :p

TheStarletGT

Member +
Counting down till forum member happiness of shiny metal manifold ends in angryness due to cracked/broken manifold. If you end up driving long distance and the turbo detaches from the manifold, you will then know why it wasnt a good idea to stick with shiny pieces of shit.

J25GTi

Lifer
Do you ever have anything useful to say? All you do is put other people down.

I've seen sard manifolds crack after 3k use hopefully these toyosport ones are ok. Are these the speedvision copies?

stavros

Member +

I've seen sard manifolds crack after 3k use hopefully these toyosport ones are ok. Are these the speedvision copies?

Yea they look exactly the same as speedvision ones bud

Tbh the only thing that lets it down is there could be a plate welded between the two flanges to prevent flex. I bought the kit on the basis that I would probably end up rewelding all the welds for reassurance, but tbh, I didnt have to, the welds were sound and the mild steel was definately a robust bit of kit.

As above, ive seen several big named manis crack with hardly no mileage on them.

as above just weld in a support brace and make sure down pipe is braced :) they some times crack where the collector is! and def replace the gaskets for oem ones those gaskets are crap and will blow in no time

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
hopefully the td04 mani's are a different story from the ct9 toyo sports ones. I had mine on for a matter of months and it cracked at almost every weld where the four branches meet at the turbo flange... awful manifold... but that was the ct9 mani, hopefully the td04 one is better build quality :confused:

George611

Member +

Couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Go for it mate at the end of the day when you mod cars things go wrong like the other guys have said theres a few big named companies whos manis have cracked after a few thousand miles. id rather pay less and have it crack in the same amount of time rather than pay through the roof.