Mapping went wrong, injectors all over the show at 190hp and couldnt go no more?!

jf84

Member +
Went for mapping 1 week ago and the injectors were all over the show it made 190hp at 7psi

AFR's were diffrent every run on the dyno and the mapper said that he cant push it no more otherwise could go away with a blown engine

The spec is emange ultimate
Forged engine
Vf22
460cc injectors

Was thinking to try new map sensor see if that solves it but if not that then what to try next?

If cant solve this problem soon been told to go standalone will be alotttt better

Cheers

jf84

Member +
A few other things, we are unsure if its a standard fuel pump but would this do that? will be getting new 255 next week anyway. we had the EMU fitted by an auto elec that hadnt done one before but have been through the wireing over and over and its all correct (well seems to be)

Sard RRFPR is set to 3bar, mapper said this would be fine.

Also if anyone has the drivers for EMU for laptop and could send me it please could you? i got the software but it wont install the drivers :( cheers

Chris@CCM

Member +
First off the problem is not the emu so changing ecus might just cover up a problem , the tuner should have done back to back data logs should be able to see if there's a sensor problem there no problem

jf84

Member +
First off the problem is not the emu so changing ecus might just cover up a problem , the tuner should have done back to back data logs should be able to see if there's a sensor problem there no problem

Hm yeah he said that but he said emange are just fudge, if it was a links or something standalone he could see where the problem is but cant on an emu, he done data logs and the I/J output was all over the show, he lent me his lap top and we took it down the road so i could see it, he said the line should be smooth but it was ossolateing all over the place

jf84

Member +
Check the gauge on the regulator when on boost, did the tuner not check this on the dyno?

Nah i said to him do u wana check the fuel pressure and he said nah whats it set to, i said 3 bar he said that should be fine.

Iv read somewhere that an RR should be set with no vacum hose to your needed fuel pressure then replace the vacum hose after? is this correct? If i had the driver for my laptop i could post a graph up

Nwimie

Member +
my fuel pressure is about 4bar and im on ct9 1 bar .... and yes thats correct remove vac line when setting idle pressure.

dac69er

Super Moderator
was it the actual injector output that was all over the place of the afr?

if it was the injector output then the fuel pump is likely to be fine, but would want to upgrade to a better pump at that spec.

if it is just the afr then it could just be the pump.

are you boost readings from the map sensor consistent? i dont know much about emanage, but can you not monitor all the cars sensors? even if you arent getting a value, but just a voltage, then that could indicate where the problem is.

when does the problem start? on boost, off boost, all the time?

jf84

Member +
my fuel pressure is about 4bar and im on ct9 1 bar .... and yes thats correct remove vac line when setting idle pressure.
hmm intresting, and your was set up on a rolling road?

Sounds to me like ur tuner can't be assed tbh it's easy to see if there's a problem if u log it
He said that its eletrical and not mechanical and to try a new map sensor, if it was fuel pressure surely that wouldnt give diffrent AFR's everytime?

jf84

Member +
was it the actual injector output that was all over the place of the afr?

if it was the injector output then the fuel pump is likely to be fine, but would want to upgrade to a better pump at that spec.

are you boost readings from the map sensor consistent? i dont know much about emanage, but can you not monitor all the cars sensors? even if you arent getting a value, but just a voltage, then that could indicate where the problem is.

when does the problem start? on boost, off boost, all the time?

was it the actual injector output that was all over the place of the afr? Both, getting readings of like 10.5, 11.1 and all sorts, i cant remember what the input was like he said just watch the blue line so went for a drive and done that, said that it should be nice and smooth

if it was the injector output then the fuel pump is likely to be fine, but would want to upgrade to a better pump at that spec. yeah going to do that anyways :)

are you boost readings from the map sensor consistent? i dont know much about emanage, but can you not monitor all the cars sensors? even if you arent getting a value, but just a voltage, then that could indicate where the problem is. --- Have no idea i dont know much about mapping atm im just learning, its an annoying problem and i need the drivers so when i change something i can plug it in go for a drive then see if i sorted it

when does the problem start? on boost, off boost, all the time? On boost (i think) the graph shot up under load then soon as it come on boost it would ossolate everywhere

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.

that is so incorrect its unbelieveable... the most fuel pressure you want to run on a ct9 at 1bar is 3bar fuel pressure and u ALWAYS set it with the vacum line on NOT off.. else it wont be set correctly, remember it has a compensation rate of 1:1 ... so basically its not reading engine vacum when being setup, but instead reading atmospeheric pressure which is totally incorrect...

Sounds to me like ur tuner can't be assed tbh it's easy to see if there's a problem if u log it

my thoughts exactly chris.. sounds like his tuner is more interested in slating the emu and trying to sell him a standalone unit... oh btw, afr's always vary slightly from one run to another.. to me either ur regulator is playing up or your tuner is a complete imbecile & knows fuck all about emu tuning..

kon

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Sam, if you would like a road trip then bring the car here and we'll sort it :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

jf84

Member +
It's Jamie nick sam ain't forum member he wants it mapped on dyno and can't be arsed with the drive in the end otherwise he would