Martial Arts

Well - I see alot of threads about weightlifting and going to the gym etc, but I dont think ive ever heard anyone talk about martial arts on here..

Does anyone do them? What do you do? What belt are you on, and how long did it take to achieve that..

Ok so at a guess i think theres afew kickboxers among you and atleast 1 Muay Thai..

Anymore?

goldenvtr

Member +
i done a few diffrent classes but never stayed in them for long as they where boring untill you get higher up the belts, i did tai kwon do - boring, mostly kicks and some kick boxing but didnt do it for long. i like to be self taught.

i learnt to use a Staff and nunchukas at home now pretty sweet with them, just takes practice and i mess about with my kickbag when im in the garage and i got situp bench and various weights in my bedroom :p

Martina@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Not me, but my uncle is a 5th Dan Black Belt in Karate. He also teaches it to children, think it's taken him about 30 years.....

Used to go a long to my other Uncles Kick Boxing classes, which he teaches. But I got bored after about 3 months :haha::haha:

M's :)

BoostJunkie

Member +
giving serious thought into starting krav maga,

already looked into it as its mostly about self defence and i want to start it as had probs with my lungs before so want to start building up my fitness.

goldenvtr

Member +
Krav maga isnt a martial art, its just a series of basic defence techniques, its more like hit and run lol

GTnomez

Member +
giving serious thought into starting krav maga,

already looked into it as its mostly about self defence and i want to start it as had probs with my lungs before so want to start building up my fitness.

krav maga.....read that the other day that Hilary swank loves this lol

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
ive ben doing muay thai for about a year and half now its amazing how flexible it makes you and light on your feet some things now come automatically that you wouldnt of thought of before it tteaches how to take down big guys if you are quite small(like me lol!) which is very goos as 60% of people i meet are taller than me i would recomend it to anyone as its very very good self defence :slap: and keeps you fit at the same time :cool:

Stulet-GTT

Member +
My boy does tia kwon do (spellin)

I done kick boxing for a couple of year's, had to stop due to a skatebord accident and never got back into it...

brewin

Member +
ive tryed kick boxing and karatie a few times but got a bit board with them, but ive done boxing for nearly 4 year now and still loveing it :) but it helps youve got a good bunch of people to train with.

GTnomez

Member +
ive ben doing muay thai for about a year and half now its amazing how flexible it makes you and light on your feet some things now come automatically that you wouldnt of thought of before it tteaches how to take down big guys if you are quite small(like me lol!) which is very goos as 60% of people i meet are taller than me i would recomend it to anyone as its very very good self defence :slap: and keeps you fit at the same time :cool:

i tried muay thai as i really was interested in it but wasnt as good as i thought. was all about getting your dick inbetween their knees. lol jokin ya dick. just lost interest in dicks but i enjoy judo alot more than dicks

LOL sorry cant help my self

BoostJunkie

Member +
Krav maga isnt a martial art, its just a series of basic defence techniques, its more like hit and run lol

it is a form of martial arts, its the martial arts the israeli millitary uses plus its the martial arts i believe that is used in the bourne films.

goldenvtr

Member +
i swear i just read manga!!! must be me watching too much fist of the north star

my mistake

lol, manga is ace but thats a diffrent topic:p initial D and wangan midnight FTW :D

it is a form of martial arts, its the martial arts the israeli millitary uses plus its the martial arts i believe that is used in the bourne films.

True but its not classed as an "art" its a form of hand to hand combat. you could not use krav maga in a sport as there is not real style to it. thats what makes the rest of them an art :p

BoostJunkie

Member +
^^^ Still a martial art lol, looks cool as on the bourne films lol, as said its about fitness aswell as learning self defence, can only try it.

besides you tell me what sounds better "martial arts" or hand to hand combat lol

tried judo when i was young wasn't for me thought it a bit boring,also done kickboxing thought the same only done about 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
i tried muay thai as i really was interested in it but wasnt as good as i thought. was all about getting your dick inbetween their knees. lol jokin ya dick. just lost interest in dicks but i enjoy judo alot more than dicks

LOL sorry cant help my self

lmfao!! you really cant help yourself nobez i knew as soon as you posted you would find a reason to quote it lmfao!!! just to mention dick lmfao!! :shoot:

Ryno

Member +
did some karate when i was younger...

did kickboxing for a few years...

then moved onto MuayThai which i've done for about 3 years now, fitness is second to none and the technique is pretty much spot on for real world use!

went to Thailand Training last summer which was like Hell on earth... then paradise in the spare time!! :p

n505936791_1203090_9872.jpg

now fancy having a try at BJJ to see what thats all about! :)