Matt black

pallett

Fresh Recruit
not a starlet, but i sprayed my colt matt black and used rattlecans, cost me about £50 all in for sandpaper and spray. I didnt even bother bother priming the car i just sprayed straight over the original white as the matte paint has the same texture and thickness of primer and dries nice and quickly. Best bets is to remove as many parts as you can bumpers wings bonnet skirts etc and spray them off the car. The hardest part to then do is the roof as it tends to get a little streaky when trying to cover such a big area all in one go . HTH Pallett

chinaone

Member +
not a starlet, but i sprayed my colt matt black and used rattlecans, cost me about £50 all in for sandpaper and spray. I didnt even bother bother priming the car i just sprayed straight over the original white as the matte paint has the same texture and thickness of primer and dries nice and quickly. Best bets is to remove as many parts as you can bumpers wings bonnet skirts etc and spray them off the car. The hardest part to then do is the roof as it tends to get a little streaky when trying to cover such a big area all in one go . HTH Pallett

How long you had it on? did it crack at all?

pallett

Fresh Recruit
orite mate, ive had it sprayed now since last september, the only places it has slightly lifted is right around the window seals, every other part is still as good as when it was first done, but for the price it costs to go over anything it isnt even worth worrying about.

chinaone

Member +
orite mate, ive had it sprayed now since last september, the only places it has slightly lifted is right around the window seals, every other part is still as good as when it was first done, but for the price it costs to go over anything it isnt even worth worrying about.

Its nothing to do with the cost, its the effect and time.
Did you sand it all down and primed?

tupac_healy

Member +
Yeah I've not really bee been a big fan of matt black to be fair, don't think it looks well on the outside of a car, just my opinion

starbogt

Member +
Everyone is jumping on the matt black wagon now! lol... Anyone thought of trying a different matt colour? would love to know if you can get Matt laquer! cos without it I can't see the paint lasting too long.

lingl9z

Member +
You can get a spray protector for matt paint that won't give it a gloss finish, Ask any paint shop and they should be able to help :D

benGT

Member +
if it's just the roof you want doing then have you considered matt black vinyl?

Prob wouldnt cost a lot....
This car here is completely covered in vinyl and it looks like a pretty good job!

Wrapping3.jpg

Beaker

Member +
Why would anyone do this to there car? Its like saying
"I have a nice car and now Ive made it look shite like an old banger and reduced its resale price to peanuts"
I would never ever buy a car with matt black paint, it just looks so crap and is probabley there to cover tons of filler.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
well.....................

I liked mine and everyone that saw it in person loved it too :) Unless they were lying to me lol :p

Matt black will suit particular styling and character of a car. With mine i personally think it suited it to a "T".

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Why would anyone do this to there car? Its like saying
"I have a nice car and now Ive made it look shite like an old banger and reduced its resale price to peanuts"
I would never ever buy a car with matt black paint, it just looks so crap and is probabley there to cover tons of filler.

What an absolutley narrow minded opinion.

fucking hell. My paint work was in great nick when polished up. No filler or trying to hide anything. I liked the colour.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean everyone that paints theirs that colour is trying to hide something :shoot: