MAX boost on a n/a clutch?

rmsnoel

Member +
How much boost can a n/a clutch take in a GT? Young neighbour has broken his new clutch and Ive offered to stick in my spare n/a clutch.

Im pulling him out of a hole for a few months and Im wondering what I should screw his boost down too. Its sitting a 0.9 at the minute with toby exhuast and hks actuator

weeJohn

Lifer
Will the n/a pressure plate fit the fte flywheel Noel?

The n/a clutch plate is samaller by about 12 mm in diameter I think mate, to get a good result it would be best to change the pressure and friction plate to n/a.

rmsnoel

Member +
Thanks lads. Id rather not change his flywheel, could turn from a favour into a you rung my crank threads. Its a organic clutch apparently; I havnt looked at it yet might just have him bump for a new friction plate.

On the other hand does anyone know off hand the weight of the standard flywheel? @ the locals this is mick and roisons old white quadlight. Ive lots of fond memories of this car so like to work at it whenever I get the chance.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Kilo is running Td04 with std internals @ 0.9 and is still using the standard GT clutch in his without any hassle. Mine is 1 bar ct9 and ive no bother with mine either.

rmsnoel

Member +
Yes I was considering putting a n/a clutch into that gt because i have one sitting here, but johnny pointed out the pressure plate wont bolt up to the fte flywheel.

It will be getting a proper gt clutch now/ the oem exedy ones off ebay keep breaking