maxing injectors?

GTom TURBO

Member +
Hi all

Got my car mapped on friday at AFR Tuning and made 230 ATF and 193 ATW at a bar of boost. Im still on my standard injectors and FPR with my injectors maxed out! What i need to know is if the injectors will be ok like this or would it be a good idea to get a RRFPR to bring the duty cycle down? or even get some 330 cc injectors? Any help would be great!

Cheers
Tom

sam_glanz

Member +
Well depends what power your going for? 330's would be fine, my injectors are fine at 228bhp at 0.8 of boost

GTom TURBO

Member +
im fine with the power i have just wondered if it was worth changing them and RRFPR to reduce the cycle rate from 100%

Texx

Super Moderator
If your injectors are at 100% duty now what's going to happen when the weather get's colder, the outside air is more dense and the engine needs additional fuel to burn? Personally I wouldn't be happy knowing the injectors were running above 85%, it would only take a cold day or a low battery voltage issue and you risk saying goodbye to a piston or 4.

lanxter

Member +
get bigger injectors lad, I had problems with mine maxing out, I've got some 560's in now and there not maxing out.

GTom TURBO

Member +
im running a td04 setup with vpro gold, so would fitting a fuel pressure reg lower the cycle rate enough? or would i need some 330s or something aswell as the fuel pressure reg?

Cheers
Tom

bumblebee

Member +
im running a td04 setup with vpro gold, so would fitting a fuel pressure reg lower the cycle rate enough? or would i need some 330s or something aswell as the fuel pressure reg?

Cheers
Tom

As everyone keep saying get the 330s if you can, easier and best way to lower your duty cycle