Maxol e85

Foggy

Member +
Any info on this? Im finding it hard to get info on it. Does anyone know what octane rating it is? Also is it safe to use in my ep91? Any pros and cons :confused:

corofin12345

Member +
you need a kit shane if you want to run on e85 and thats only if theres one for your car..not many cars in ireland can run on this fuel.. its 104 octane

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
It'll need a complete remap, no additional kit is required though depending on boost/turbo your running.

There's EP82s running 1000cc injectors on this stuff due to it have a lower calorific value than petrol.

corofin12345

Member +
^^^really.. didnt know that.. just saw somewhere that you need a kit.. probably different injectors and whatever else as you said.. theres was an altezza at a meet down here awhile back with a straight through exhaust system and was running on e85 and by jaysus the sheep were running.. the popping it was doin off throttle was unreal and some nice blueish flames 2..

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I love the smell of a car running it lol!

It's funny stuff, if your driving everyday on it (after the car has been setup to use it) then its grand, but if your not a frequent driver then it draws water into the fuel and it can cause issues with the fuel pump.

Its good stuff though for extracting extra power for the car.

azerty

Supermoderator
I've been trying few different blends for the past 2 years now.
tried E10, E25, E50 and E90

when running ethanol you need to be sure your full fuel system will cope with alcool
an easy upgrade is to fit injectors 30% bigger on your car, you'll be able to drive your car straight away with E85 without any mapping needed... if your car has standard injector, just need to fit 380cc injectors and you are ready to go, or you could use 360cc with a higher fuel regulator pressure ;) I tried the last option and worked just great... (of course you'll get even better results if you remap your car)

I'm now running with Aquamist water/alcool injection ;)

Last edited:

Foggy

Member +
Could i mix normal petrol with it? Lets just say 5 liters of e85 and 25 liters of normal petrol just to boost the octane of the normal petol a bit?

azerty

Supermoderator
yes, but bare in mind you A/F ratio will be leaner then. if you have a fuel regulator. add 5 psi and you should be sorted
(check afr !!)

steo800

Member +
Could i mix normal petrol with it? Lets just say 5 liters of e85 and 25 liters of normal petrol just to boost the octane of the normal petol a bit?

Just buy normal maxol or topaz fuel, should all be 99 oct.

send an email to both of them, just to confirm though.

last i looked into it, it was only leinster gettin e5(99oct), but there was a roll out plan for the whole country(~2 years ago?).

they wont advertise it as e5, but in leinster anyway, it is e5

Just buy normal maxol or topaz fuel, should all be 99 oct.

send an email to both of them, just to confirm though.

last i looked into it, it was only leinster gettin e5(99oct), but there was a roll out plan for the whole country(~2 years ago?).

they wont advertise it as e5, but in leinster anyway, it is e5

You can add texaco to that list too, there ordinary petrol has techron in it so as far as i know its 99 ron also