MBC Install

clys

Member +
I see lots of instructions on here, but I have one question still. What do I do with the 2nd nipple on the actuator? Leave it open, plug it? I've got the MBC T'd between the compressor and the first nipple, but the nipple that (went) to the factory boost solenoid is open, is this correct?

CMR

Member +
Yeah either leave it completely open, or put a bit of hose on it and tie the hose back our the way so dirt doesnt get into the actuator.
If you block it you will run in low boost.

clys

Member +
Yeah either leave it completely open, or put a bit of hose on it and tie the hose back our the way so dirt doesnt get into the actuator.

Excellent, I did it right. Thank you Rep added.

hardcoreep

Member +
Actually if you don't block the second port on the stock actuator, you'll never run high boost or have stable boost because the compressor signal will just blow through it.

clys

Member +
Actually if you don't block the second port on the stock actuator, you'll never run high boost or have stable boost because the compressor signal will just blow through it.

So it SHOULD be blocked then?

No wonder I've turned it up like 20 clicks an very very minimal increase in b00st.

hardcoreep

Member +
Yes sir. Small piece of hose with a bolt tie strapped into it will do the job. Or I use those little covers that come on highend RCA jacks. Put some crazy glue inside it and cover the port with a small tie strap for extra security.

CMR

Member +
Ah right apologies for that then, thinking back the hose I left un blocked from the standard actuator was the same port, but it was after it had been routed through the solonoid i.e the bleed hose into the efi!

clys

Member +
Alright, so I plugged the port, and still no difference. I cranked the MBC all the way, and still no increase in boost. I even (tentatively) disconnected the wastegate actuator completely, and still there was no increase in boost. I've since turned the MBC to stock boost, and it seems a lot laggier with the 2nd actuator port plugged VS. unplugged.

Here are some pictures of my setup. And yes, I'm 100% sure I've got the 2 lines on the right way on the MBC, I've done these countless times, but they've actually worked before hah.

Here you go, I'd love some more boost!
poo002.jpg

poo003.jpg

poo004.jpg

poo005.jpg

poo006.jpg

Dub-Se7en

Lifer

but that's what happens anyway on a stock hi/lo setup? the solonoid opens to let the 2nd port vent back to the EFI pipe.

if you block the 2nd port up you will run in low boost, but it shouldn't matter as you will use the MBC to increase from there.

as to why the boost isn't increasing, i'm not so sure, maybe the mbc is stuck and not bleeding any pressure off when opened?