MBC issue, over boosting

joshy23

Fresh Recruit
i have an A/T ep82 factory. I tried to install a racepro boost controller 2day. I followed the diagram and instructions and still boost levels are well over. standard its 8psi, now with boost controller its hitting 10ish, i then felt fuel cut. im scratching my head...... the tap is wound down and i tried turing the MBC around so that a different pipe comes to it, still no joy. Theres two pipes going to the standard actuator, im sure i use the right one. whats the other one for? is it hi low boost thats already in cabin? i so dont know what to do....anyone?

Deano

Banned
Are you sure you have installed it the right way around as sometimes that can be the problem? Those racepro ones aren't as good as the turbosmart ones imo

monka

Member +
have you got it set to low or hi boost?

when i installed mine it was ok in low mode, but would spike in hi mode

joshy23

Fresh Recruit
2nd time round i had it on low, it was okay, but i couldnt set it to 10psi. it was only goin to 8-9psi, i was turnin that tap it seemed, like forever. Ive now bypassed the hi/low boost, still the same thing. would a leak in the pipe or not firmly tightend on the BC cause the problem?

joshy23

Fresh Recruit
I have the MBC in my hands as we speak. I have the tap closed. I am blowing through one end. Shouldnt it come out the other end? because when i blow into it, its not coming out the other end. But with the tap open, it obviously comes out the vents. Is this causing my problem?