Me, canadian in UK?

sMARTINside

Member +
Hi guys,

I am from Canada, and am a big fan of Starlets, but since, my country never had the chance to receive any EP platform cars since the early eighties. So I have found a way to enjoy life anyways. It is a Toyota Tercel with a EP91 engine: So sweet!

Anyway, here is the real content of my message:

I am 22 years old and I am getting really bored in my part of the world (not because I don't have a Starlet). I have made collegial studies in Industrial Maintenance and now have a stable job. I do Industrial mechanics (welding, machining, greasing, oil changes, etc), and I also do the job of an electrician, as I install equipement, troubleshoot and program the machines. I a well paid, and I like what I do. I also live alone in a small house an find life very boring. That is not because I don't know what to do... I always try to find where time has left me! I am also playing music and trying to compose some prog rock on my own, in a home made studio that takes site in my living room!

So since I am a man of creation, experimentation, and discovery, I'd like to let this life aside, to go live somewhere else on earth. I've been thinking that nothing keeps me here in Canada, and I can surely survive in another land. I always liked what I have read about Europe in general, and I think, I am more European than North-American, in my ways.

I would like to know what you guys think about that. Would it be easy for me to get to UK and get myself a job, a way of living, a place to stay. What do you think could be hard for a guy like me that moves away in your part of the world and that has to adapt to this new reality?

I just tought of letting you know, because I feel so stuck, in this world!

Cheers to all of you, you are a growing community that helps me enjoy life!

smythy75

Member +
Hi guys,

I am from Canada, and am a big fan of Starlets, but since, my country never had the chance to receive any EP platform cars since the early eighties. So I have found a way to enjoy life anyways. It is a Toyota Tercel with a EP91 engine: So sweet!

Anyway, here is the real content of my message:

I am 22 years old and I am getting really bored in my part of the world (not because I don't have a Starlet). I have made collegial studies in Industrial Maintenance and now have a stable job. I do Industrial mechanics (welding, machining, greasing, oil changes, etc), and I also do the job of an electrician, as I install equipement, troubleshoot and program the machines. I a well paid, and I like what I do. I also live alone in a small house an find life very boring. That is not because I don't know what to do... I always try to find where time has left me! I am also playing music and trying to compose some prog rock on my own, in a home made studio that takes site in my living room!

So since I am a man of creation, experimentation, and discovery, I'd like to let this life aside, to go live somewhere else on earth. I've been thinking that nothing keeps me here in Canada, and I can surely survive in another land. I always liked what I have read about Europe in general, and I think, I am more European than North-American, in my ways.

I would like to know what you guys think about that. Would it be easy for me to get to UK and get myself a job, a way of living, a place to stay. What do you think could be hard for a guy like me that moves away in your part of the world and that has to adapt to this new reality?

I just tought of letting you know, because I feel so stuck, in this world!

Cheers to all of you, you are a growing community that helps me enjoy life!

hey! i dont think it wud be hard to get a job over here or a place to live, plenty of places to rent over here! my advice would be! take sumtime of work and come and explore for 3 months, come to n,ireland, prob be were u would love the most! welcome to tgtt.com! :)

sMARTINside

Member +
Ok, what have you heard that is so exciting about Canada? I am thinking about options in my life right now before, I am too old to try things like that! I'll try to get info on North-Ireland as well. Hey Monkfish, why don't we make an exchange for a while?!

Last edited:

smythy75

Member +
Ok, what have you heard that is so exciting about Canada? I am thinking about options in my life right now before, I am too old to try things like that! I'll try to get info on North-Ireland as well.

i think keepin ya options open is good! have u thought of anywere? :)

sMARTINside

Member +
I have no idea where, but I am the kind of guy who doesn't care to change life completely, and I want to explore other parts of the world.

When I was in high-school, my program was axed on international opening (to be open to other nations), and it stayed inside of me and it is kind of bursting right now. I need to be in the unknown or I get bored, so I can't get any habits. I am a nomad!

It's a little bit why I swapped, my Tercel last winter: Just for the fun to see what I could do without wiring diagrams... not really to see how fast it would be... I am very different psychologically from the majority of people out there that think I am a freak!

As long as I can survive and learn new stuff, I am the happiest man on earth, but when everything is always the same, I scramble everything around, and want some change, and now, it makes a long time, I need change...

Last edited:

smythy75

Member +
I have no idea where, but I am the kind of guy who doesn't care to change life completely, and I want to explore other parts of the world.

When I was in high-school, my program was axed on international opening (to be open to other nations), and it stayed inside of me and it is kind of bursting right now. I need to be in the unknown or I get bored, so I can't get any habits. I am a nomad!

It's a little bit why I swapped, my Tercel last winter: Just for the fun to see what I could do without wiring diagrams... not really to see how fast it would be... I am very different psychologically from the majority of people out there that think I am a freak!

maybe u are a freak! only jokin, go for it lad!!! get out there but id advise dont move permantly!

sMARTINside

Member +
Ok, I should try to make a long trip to one place and "try it". If it fits me I stay, if not, I just try another place!

I also talk spanish a little, so I woudn't mind to move to Spain.

sMARTINside

Member +
There a bunch of thiefs! I tought these computers were already expensive enough, here! Cost of life in general, is higher in Europe. For example here gasoline is about 1 canadian dollar for one liter.

sMARTINside

Member +
I will continue my search and I'll come back to you to tell you what I have found. And if I go to Ireland, I'll bring you a Mac laptop, smythy.