me mates civic at bishops court !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karllosty

Fresh Recruit
its a serious yolk... the starlet is 220ish bhp ...
the civic dynoed at 172 and 112 torque

Last edited:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
hmmmmmm i think i have a video of moffet beaten that civic on the same day when it dryed out by about 10 lengths ill have a look for it:):):)

alan_d

Lifer
its a serious yolk... the starlet is 220ish bhp ...
the civic dynoed at 172 and 112 torque

moffets was 199.8@ teh rollage day!
dont forget to tell your mate, my videos were recorded in 720p HD, if he links the original in he'll get much better quality than the downsampled bebo link

Derek

Lifer
That was a quick civic if you look in the backround you'll see my scooby parked.he beat me aswell that day because i missed the lights at the start wasn't paying attention until i heard brrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh vtttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh looked back and he was gone.

Guye

Lifer
In those wet conditions the driver of the car with less torque would have an easier time getting the engine's power to the ground since he can more fully use the throttle. Even in the dry there's a clear advantage to being able to go 100% throttle without performance robbing wheelspin. The only way the compensate for the reduced traction in the higher torque/power starlet in the same conditions would be through delicate throttle manipulation. A lesser driver with a heavy right foot would have been left even futher behind in the wet as the car inevitably suffers from wheelspin. Not bad at all.

weeJohn

Lifer
Think I beat that one by about 4 car lengths that day.

Hard to remember, there are so many Civics left behind lol.

A

Animal GT

i know that car! its squire of dtd! its a civic runing a integra engine! its quick but the starlet would have it on the dry! if hes any good behind the wheel that is.. he actualy a member on here aswel

Dan3SGTE

Member +
EG/EK shell with teggy engine is a very fast car. When i went to the strip in my EK9 B18C i was hitting consitant 13.8 and finally got 13.7 @101mph and that was in the dry with alot of spin off the line. Thats with 176whp on one dyno, other dyno read 163WHP.

I beat every car i was up against that day and pulling better times then evos/subarus and some v8 stangs......

Not bad at all really from a stock 1.8 engine.

Moffett

Member +
It was up to 225 at that time alan, just abit hard getting grip in the wet :drive:, yeah he beat me twice that day then when it dried up he was away home :(

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
ha ull be a long time lookin man ... it beat moffets starlet twice tat day and spudys one too :)

U did beat me, when I was 1.1 bar on the TD04, your thing goes well off the line. Think the final drive u put in is definatly a good job.

weeJohn

Lifer
EG/EK shell with teggy engine is a very fast car. When i went to the strip in my EK9 B18C i was hitting consitant 13.8 and finally got 13.7 @101mph and that was in the dry with alot of spin off the line. Thats with 176whp on one dyno, other dyno read 163WHP.

Not bad at all really from a stock 1.8 engine.

That strip we run on seems to never give the times of other strips.

I have no doubt you posted those times at all, but that sort of car would not get under 14 seconds at Bishposcourt. The surface is concrete and we have our doubts to just how long it actually is lol.

I would love to run at the Pod or another dedicated strip to see what times I get in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.